1913 Brooklyn Tabernacle Tract

by wifibandit 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

I'm assuming the Brooklyn Tabernacle was a Masonic hall?

CTR and Co used a lot of Masonic halls for meetings according to the book 'Watchtower and the Freemasons'

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Atlantis does GREAT work, but I want to offer a critique here, and I am making it public so that others can benefit from this insight.

If you look at the .pdf image from Atlantis, you will see that it displays an artifact that is known as "read-through." The images show BOTH sides of the page.

The way to fix this is counter-intuitive to many, and I expect at least one of the chimps here will tell me I'm WRONG without bothering to TRY the suggestion first. ...the "pearls before swine" effect.

Anyway, the way to ELIMINATE "read-through" when you are scanning a document is to put a sheet of BLACK paper behind (on top of) the original document, then scan the document.

You're welcome.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The tabernacle had previously been the church of Henry Ward Beecher. It is interesting that j f Rutherford's name is absent completely from the list of elders and deacons.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

He is the pastor

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    C. T. Russell is listed as the Pastor.

M. C. Rutherford (the Judge's son) is listed as a Deacon.

This may have been during the period when "da Judge" had left the WTB&TS to run a company in Los Angeles. In 1916 "da Judge" got a telegraph reading "the old man is dead," and he took off for Broolyn like a jacked-up Jack Rabbit.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Nathan Natas/ wifibandit:

Appreciate your insight Nathan and assistance. And thank you wifibandit for your kindness. We really need to thank Jaydee for this one. He scanned it and send it over my way and I sent it out to everybody in my emails.

Jaydee deserves the credit!

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit