Renting to a Witness of the opposite sex...

by James Robinson 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Robinson
    James Robinson

Hello all. I need a question answered

I know of a situation where a single sister took in a single brother as a renter, so she could be his caregiver, as he was very along in years.. Long story short, they were forced to get married. I believe it was labeled under "Appearance of Evil" by the elders.

My question is: what do the elders base this on? where is the information that governs this situation, so that ones can be forced to get married or be reproved, or worse yet, disfellowshipped if they refuse?

Thank you, signed

Asking for a friend.....

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There are plenty of publications that say that if you stay overnight with a member of the opposite sex, you probably have committed fornication, with very few exceptions.

Hope she gets his money though :)

• James Robinson
    James Robinson

Thank you. Forgot about those.

• skin
    skin

Had a similar situation here where a single brother was living in a caravan on an empty section next door to a single sister, this single sister also owned that empty section. He volunteered to move before anyone was stumbled because of this. To me, if anyone was stumbled over that situation, it would be the person getting stumbled that had the issue, but we all know, some JWs do have warped thinking patterns...

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

JWs do have warped thinking patterns...

There are plenty of publications that say that if you stay overnight with a member of the opposite sex, you probably have committed fornication. . .

And the JW's have the nerve to claim that non-JW's are sex crazed? JW's seem to always have sex on their minds, especially when they worry about who is doing it with whom.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

FedUpJW, you got that right!

• vienne
    vienne

In that situation, they base it on stupidity.

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

No one could have "forced" that couple to get married. Get real

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I believe you're confusing what the Elders book actually says, which is the opposite. In fact it mentions this situation explicitly and says that would be an exception. That's probably where you heard it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit