what buzz word from the jw's do you hate & why?

by Sabin 83 Replies latest jw friends

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    The one I hate the most is probably "The World" which is used as a giant sweeping generalization of 7 billion people as if they all agree on everything and have the same motivation and actions.
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

It's funny. As a non witness who knows what to listen for, I have a heightened sense of awareness. It seems witnesses naturally change their language patterns with non witnesses.

But the word that now makes the hair on my arms stand up? ....

APPRECIATE

It is said ad nauseum during the service and is then Incorporated into the hello greeting for the presenters after the service. It's like "dripping syrup into a bag of sugar" level of sweet. I'm baffled as to why nobody gives a more creative compliment.

Next in line...

NON-BELIEVERS

REALLY? As an outsider I'm wondering "I can't think of a higher arrogance! Who are YOU to rank a persons spirituality?!?"

Third,

"SYSTEM OF THINGS"

....of .... things (can someone be more specific?).

things to be over soon (have ya read Amos 5? Woe to you who desire the day of the Lord?)

goverment things vs holy things

Can they not co-exist?

Again non JW here so I can only offer my frame. As I think of more I'll add them.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Here are two more the "Elder" used that drove me nuts:

Satin - I finally told him in the last email do not mention him again because I swear you worship Satin rather than Jehovah.

We will see - he used this phrase everytime he needed to say NO, the man could not say the word no.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Haha rebelfighter...you made me think of an evil character called "SATIN, ruler of the dark cloth fabrics"
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

Most have already been mentioned, but the one that makes my eyelids squint and twitch in anger is........

MOTHER

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411

Brotherly Love.

Governing Body.

Service.

Privileges.

All of those words makes me laugh when I hear them now especially the brotherly love.

Anyone who is a witness knows this love goes as deep as the rules that allow them to associate with you. Which is as shallow as the entry to a kiddie pool.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Persons, as in good-hearted persons.

Why can they not just say People?

• Sabin
    Sabin

HOURS & TIME

How many hours did you do? I gotta get my hours in. Can you do more hours? Have you reported your hours this month?

What are you doing with your time? Are you spending to much time on re-creation/T.V/friends/etc. Can you spend more time in the service?

No wonder people think we are nuts.We may as well be speaking Latin.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Amazing how weird such expression seems after stepping out of the witness bubble!
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    Brotherly love. The very idea of it in this organization is pure bullshit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit