It's all about the publisher card

by Chook 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chook
    Chook

I got thinking ,which at times can seem erratic , it's the publisher cards that should of rung the loudest bell ! I still can't believe I fell for believing early Christianity had some writing reports to the apostles. WT legalisms are their foundation of the church.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

There wasn't any reports, they were lead by Holy Spirit back then not like the cult today lol, Big o or Big brother wants to know everything these days..

• Chook
    Chook

I wasn't brought up a JW so love referring to KM hall as church to especially JWs

• Half banana
    Half banana

Early Christianity wasn't all it was imagined to be either Chook. Early Christianity as Jesus believers think of it today, only began as a story after the establishment of the RC Church in the fourth century. The name "Jesus" wasn't dominant in christian teaching until the third quarter of the second century for example. Christianity was a continuation of traditional folk religions which preceded the Jesus cult.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes! The very concept of all witnesses needing to submit a monthly report is one of the most alarming proofs of this being a high control cult!

The "reasons" used to be trumpeted by the society that "it was so they knew how many items to print, and how often the territory was being covered"

We know what the reality is though! Ones "spirituality" and in turn privilege is gauged by the report you submit!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Makes you wonder, if the reason we used to count hours was purely for statistical reasons why did we have to put our names on it?

I even had one elder screw up my report and toss it on the floor in front of me because it was less than usual.

• hoser
    hoser

The good thing about not caring anymore is that it doesn't matter and the elders can't use the lack of hours as leverage to get me to comply.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes Pale Emperor!

I raised that same point!

WHY did the names need to be on it if it was just for statistical reasons?!?

The reply I got was "so we can determine who needs spiritual help"

Right....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit