"They trampled on my humility."

by Zoos 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Zoos
    Zoos

It's rare that I bump into someone from the old hall. But it happened yesterday with one of the nicest brothers I remember.

He came into my place of work not knowing I worked there. My company is now on his delivery route. I saw his new beard and knew immediately he was no longer active, because as we all know, bearded men will not inherit God's kingdom. His face lit up. I think mine did too, as I really did have genuine affection for this guy. His wife at the time was profoundly apposed to his participation in "that filthy cult" and she was hell bent on making his life miserable. She succeeded. He saw it as persecution, Satan's attempt to keep him from Jehovah, reinforced by all of us in the organization who loved him.

He shook my hand furiously with a big smile and... we caught up. He married a new girl who was "not in the truth." Had been inactive for a couple of years and then got a message through his mother that the PO from our old hall just wanted to contact him to provide encouragement.

My old friend told me he really missed the meetings, friends, etc... so he agreed to meet with PO. "[Zoos], I arrived with my tail tucked between my legs. I was contrite, admitted everything and told them I wanted to come back and make things right. THEY POUNCED! Turned out they only wanted me to appear before a committee so they could disfellowship me. They trampled ALL OVER my humility."

I could see the pain in his expressions as he related the story and it made me think of my own experiences and those of countless people on this forum who have shared their stories. We talked for awhile longer - he and I were both on our respective company clocks - but the good news is he is FULLY awake, FULLY out, and happier than I have ever seen him.

And I'll see him again.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for sharing that.

The elders score another own goal.

• jhine
    jhine

Great news Zoos

Jan

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Good for you and him!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Wow, fantastic story!

Your headline tho..that's heartbreaking. So sad that he turned to them, showed them all his vulnerability and they ripped him apart. I wonder how his mother feels.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember the first time i got my hands on a copy of "Shepherd The Flock Of God" (secret elders guidebook if you dont know), and there's a part in there which says something along the lines of:

"If an inactive person attends a judicial hearing, he is indicating that he accepts the authority of the judicial committee..." so therefore, if you refuse their offer of a visit they have no grounds over you.

Rather dirty and underhanded i would say.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Glad you both escaped! The best life ever...NO JW's!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Nice they truly act as wolves

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It sounds though that he was still mentally captive to the society?

If they had not "trampled on his dignity", he would have gone back to the fold....

Help him to see that this indignity was actually a blessing that has helped open his eyes...

• Lieu
    Lieu

What??!!!?? No celebration for the son who was dead and now has humbly returned? You mean they jumped on him like a pack of wolves?

They went looking for that lost sheep just to eat him??? How special. How typical!

He's much better off without such unmerciful people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit