The two faces of mrs hoser

by hoser 15 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

@NVR2L8

Please knock at his door and tell us the result. Please. Pretty please!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Freddo

I believe the gentleman is a teacher at a Christian College in our town. What impressed me was that his wife was as knowledgeable and when they tried to engage my wife she was totally clueless of what we believed...she's still is and won't hear anything against the WT.

• blondie
  • keyser soze
    keyser soze

I would say that a lot more JWs than we realize are 'hedging their bets'.

My oldest brother is the PO in his congregation, and as hardcore as they come. Even he has been putting money into an IRA account. He's spent the last thirty years pioneering, believing that the end was right around the corner, while at the same time, preparing for the reality that it won't happen in his lifetime.

• never a jw
    never a jw

My own JW brother is doing that. He and his wife have life insurances. He admitted that he believes that he will die before the big A hits. He is 52 and in excellent health. He has insisted that his children get a University education. He supports wholeheartedly his two older sons in their new business. He has a 25% stake in that business. He puts money into a retirement account.

I sometimes think that he knows it's all BS, but it's to late to quit. His wife is a die hard believer. They have a zillion friends, all JW's.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I sometimes think that he knows it's all BS, but it's to late to quit. His wife is a die hard believer. They have a zillion friends, all JW's. ~ never a jw

I believe that describes a lot of current JWs. Few of them have any real conviction that The System will end imminently, but they have already gambled all of their "chips" on with WTS. Many are now questioning that wisdom, so they are "hedging their bets" by having a PLAN B in "The World". As the time progressed or continues to do so, if you could see their real strategy, those that have the means are betting more and more on PLAN B.

I've had discussions with quite a few about retirement investments or even estate planning. They want to be able to live comfortably after they retire and leave a nestegg for their kids and grandkids. Does sound like they really believe The End is going to happen "tomorrow"? Or, in their lifetime?

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit