The two faces of mrs hoser

by hoser 15 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

They say women are hard to figure out.

She is is proactive about retirement planning but talks about how things might be in the new system.

She shuns one of our children (dfd) but put him as beneficiary one one of her life insurance policies.

Cognitive dissonance at its best.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I don't think it has anything to do with being a woman, hoser

Your wife is just hedging her bets. The same as lots of JWs do. And lots of other people too in other situations

Haha! She is an agnostic JW and doesn't know it yet

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I can't criticize this - it is called "hedging your bet", and The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society does it all the time, 24/7/365.

She is balancing her fantasy of Paradise with rational, real-world planning.

I wish her success.

Too few JWs do this.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The modern, more intelligent Witnesses are very well aware that they BETTER hedge their bets and prepare for retirement. However, they have to keep this information to themselves and not blab it to the idiots in the Hall who will "judge" them for doing so...."See So and So", "she's materialistic because she has a retirement plan", etc.

The Jehovah's Witness religion for the longest time was an all-or-nothing religion. Which is to say, that you were expected to live on the edge preaching while thinking pennies were going to rain down from heaven...This was the old-style mentality which I considered the equivalent of jumping from a plane without a parachute, and I wasn't having any of it.

Back in the day, I was criticized for having a full-time job..THEN all of a sudden...other young ladies got jobs. Hypocrisy at its finest!! Guess housecleaning wasn't for them either.

Nowadays, Witnesses privately know they HAVE to plan. Of course, this doesn't help anybody now who gullibly bought into the old bullshit that they should not plan. So sad!

What a stupid religion.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I can truly relate to hedging ones bets , as I finally did it myself many years ago .

At first I bought into the JW religion hook line and sinker ,not planning for the future as the big "A" was just around the corner.

Even with a young family we moved interstate with no job and basically nowhere to live , relying on the hospitality of a jw couple who encouraged us to make the move , mind you I threw in a good job to make that move.

All in all we have moved at least 40 times in our married life , most of them have been rentals.

When I reached 40yrs of age I started to wonder and luckily I landed the job that was to be our lifesaver , 28 years I was their , good pay good conditions and superannuation ,

Thank my lucky stars I opted for that.,though it took many more years before I finally DA myself .

And we own our own home , no thanks to the WT society.

smiddy

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

NN, My Elder Dad is the same way! He invested his money for many years as JW. He is at the Nursing Home. My Mom too. I am living in their house for free. Maybe I will write a book more about me and how I was raised by my JW parents. Very Long Story. He rarely takes vacation out of town. He was way too frugal with his money. He religiously donated to the contribution box at KH with $100 check monthly for years. Go figure!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Watch Tower set the pattern: abstain from blood but allowing fractions, the end is near but building new headquarters, politically neutral but participating in UN activities and flying the flag at K halls in South America, claiming that they abhor child abuse but throwing them under the bus to protect the cult'so reputation...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

All Witnesses hedge their bets. How many times have you heard one say that even if da troof was false it still the best way to live.

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

NVR2L8

How well you put that! Hypocrisy on a grand scale!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Konceptual99, I made that exact comment to a householder who had cornered me using my own bible at the door. I told him I would return with answers to his questions but he insisted that I only use the bible. He predicted correctly that I wouldn't return...obviously I listed him as an apostate. 15 years later I still remember his name and address. I have often thought of knocking on his door and thanking him for contributing to my awakening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit