Something's Gotta Give

by pale.emperor 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Hang in there, pale emperor. I have been following your story. You have made some tough decisions, but I am sure it will be worth it in the long run.

As for the likelihood of the Borg changing, I agree with scratchme and Outlaw above.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I agree with Faye Dunaway that unless they do the research , they will always be a captive to the religion.

Some people leave the religion , however the religion never leaves them , no matter how many years pass by.

Why is that ?

Simply because they have never done an outside research into the religion .

And that can be one of two reasons

1. They are too lazy to do the research , a condition that is endemic among the rank and file members.

They want the G.B. members /writing department to do their thinking for them .

2.And the other is they just want to bury their head in the sand and not face the facts.

They have invested so much time , money , and energy , into this religion that it is inconcievable that it cannot be the truth.

Otherwise I would have to eat humble pie and admit , I have been conned all these years and feel so stupid.

One of the hardest things in life is for a person to be honest with oneself.

Lurkers / newbies , don`t be discouraged , we have all been their .

smiddy

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Smiddy I would add a third reason some people don't do research: they think that it would be purposely exposing themselves to apostates, which to them is like stepping over the line, making the choice to turn against Jehovah. It might feel too "unfaithful" or "evil" to do. They've been brainwashed this their whole life. Turning against that is hard. For me it was only my newfound love for Christ and realizing by reading the bible on my own how twisted the witnesses viewed the scriptures that let myself admit they were not correct. This was a different form of research, before I ever let myself look at anything from former witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit