Your thoughts on the Libertarian party

by James Mixon 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Onthewayout - They may be for smaller government, but they are not going to change what currently exists.

And remember the goal is anti Hillary and Anti Trump.

• flipper
    flipper

Not sure I trust the Libertarians any more than the Republicans.

When any of them say they want smaller government, they usually mean less government for the haves and more for the have-nots.

Am a member of the Green party since 1990. I've come to think of the Democrats as Republicans in sheep's clothing. But a Democrat in the White House would have to at least throw a bone to the constituents ( I hope) and cause less grief to the unwashed masses.

Mrs. Flipper

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Whether you are a small entrepreneur or a BLM activist, we all want the man out of our business. Guns, Mexicans, Marijuana, and Muslims are all here to stay and any attempt to purge this country of any of these people or things will only backfire. Both Hillary and Trump could really mess up free trade this time around. I don't trust either of them. They are both crooked and triggerhappy. Vote for the Gary Johnson the pothead, because character matters.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Sonofthe Trinty: G. Johnson said he never inhale.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Both Hillary and Trump could really mess up free trade this time around. I don't trust either of them. They are both crooked and triggerhappy. Vote for the Gary Johnson the pothead, because character matters.

@ SonoftheTrinity

I agree I can see either Hillary or Trump tanking the U.S. economy and affecting the global markets big time. I don't trust either of them, either :-(

And about pot? I like pot. I haven't done pot since college, but I don't think it should be criminalized as it currently is.

Libertarians aren't all alike, and there's a big left to right spectrum from anarcho-syndicalists like Chomsky to anarcho-capitalists like the Tea(bagging) Partiers.

I believe a large part of the current political arena problem is that the majority of the U.S. electorate is largely suffering from global illiteracy--they are globally myopic. They have little clue what is really going on around the world, and even less interest in finding out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit