The 'sin' of sexuality

by jwleaks 24 Replies latest members private

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

One of the most bizarre JW experiences of my life.

When I was in my early 20s I told a JW ministerial servant that I was heterosexual. He promptly reported me to the elders. ??? By the end of the week two elders made a shepherding call on me to discuss the 'sin' of my sexuality. I was directly asked if I "had heterosexual impulses and desires." I replied with the affirmative "Yes."

Through so-called scriptural reasoning the elders explained to me that heterosexuality was a sin. I sat their speechless not believing what I was hearing. It was further explained to me by the two elders that even though I had these heterosexual desires I should never act upon them. The elders then offered a prayer to god to help me overcome my heterosexual desires.

After the long prayer I told the elders that my beliefs and desires were put there by god himself and that we should not go against what god planted in us. The elders then explained to me that Satan was trying to seduce us through the desires of heterosexuality of which desires go against nature and against god's purpose.

After listening to the elders for about thirty minutes in total I got up and handed them a copy of the Oxford dictionary and asked one of them to read out loud the definition of heterosexual. Upon reading it the elder then turned on me and asked "is this an apostate dictionary?"

I replied, and ultimately sealed my congregational fate, with one of the the best comeback lines I've ever said to an elder: "are you on a witch hunt or a bitch hunt?"

• carla
  • Sanchy
    Sanchy

ok, you've got to be kidding me. Is this real?

• Londo111
    Londo111

I mentioned the Tetragrammaton to a JW once, and they thought it had something to do with witchcraft. JWs are woefully uneducated, even about their own religion.

• sir82
    sir82

Imagine the reaction if you had told them you were a thespian!

• blondie
    blondie

I think one must have realized the mistake and was more concerned about covering their butt, their status, their authority. Even if you are wrong you are right.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

...or a homo sapien...

...or a biped...

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

No way?

• sir82
    sir82

"I enjoy heterosexuality and frequently watch videos featuring thespians. I frequently ingest dihydrogen monoxide."

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

We must remember folks, just like Trump University the elders have been schooled in the university

of the WT.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit