"create your own religion"-says disfellowship commitee

by subtlevirtue 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• subtlevirtue
  • waton
    waton

the wt religion is not about ideas, excellence of thought, but a machine to fleece it's members.

• subtlevirtue
    subtlevirtue

I have no evidence that wt religion is a machine to fleece it's members

• waton
    waton

please tell me what you think;

The link seems to have no religious content, no istructions to form a riligious organisation.

Newton, Kepler, Galileo, Kopernikus, Eistein even all had a spiritual dimension to their important life works. Science probably gives us the best picture of the "mind" of a possible creator, but forming religious organizations seem to play no part in that.

For at least a half century elders are forbidden to discuss, debate doctrinal variances with jw members. They would be decimated if they had to defend their beliefs , confronted by a knowledgeable corrector. But by saying " form your own religion" they follow instructions, and show their strength, wich is:

having the sheep under control, make them slave, give up their halls, their inheritances, their potential, all for " the organization". so:

enjoy your ideas, equations, leave the organizing to the organizers. ( Niza with transposed vowels) Do you have Charisma?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I have no evidence that wt religion is a machine to fleece it's members.

Sure by its corrupt lying doctrines that Christ has returned and is reviewing who he's going to kill or not in the upcoming day of Armageddon.

By the WTS's own propagation people who distribute the WTS's literature are deemed righteous and loyal to Jehovah, the reality in accordance to scripture this is false teachings intentionally just to proliferate literature.

Also the WTS has pushed to get its members to give money to the organization so it can do his urgent preaching work of a new kingdom order, which biblicaly is apostate false prophesying enact through corrupt charlatanism. $$$

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Thread Title reminded me of a rumour that went around after I had left the JW Scam, that I was going to start my own religion ! When a guy told me about the rumour, my first comment was " That's a bloody good idea ! there's lots of money in that !".

• Giordano
    Giordano

Other then the higher ups at Bethel no one gets paid or receives a livable wage within the JW world. They were indeed fleeced for the privilege of living in 'God's House' or being missionaries.

Back in my day..... late 1950's and early 1960'e Bethelites received 14$ a month for a 5 &1/2 Day work week . Put another way........ thirty cents an hour for hot stinky work. Printing and binding the literature, maintenance work, cleaning services, working in the kitchen etc.

The $14 barely covered the cost of riding the subway to and from their City congregation.

Later on I learned that during the Vietnam war the Society sought to keep Bethelites for their full 3 year term by telling them that if they left Bethel earlier they couldn't become pioneers.

Being a pioneer was recognized by the draft board as a Minister exemption.

When the Draft was ended....... a hell of a lot of Bethelites left early.

Cheap shots and cheap tricks was/is the WTBTS way.

Look at how they are cashing in with the sale of KH's which was paid for by the congregations.

• waton
    waton
    Put another way........ thirty cents an hour for hot stinky work

G: right, or 45.- for 150 hours "special pioneering" in the freezing north. = 30 cents an hour. so

subtlevirtue, that is what the elders mean to "start your own religion", because that is the

30 cent wt religion they represent. but if

You are aiming to start a religion of nerds, it is not going to work. work at 30 c an hour or free.? years in and out?

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

If one is true to themself, then do they not already have their own religion? We need not look for outside guidance when we have it within our own souls and minds. (Again leaning on Jesus words: "The Kingdom of God is within you.") In my own experience, no two people have exactly the same idea of how to worship God and that is as it should be. We are all individuals before Him. He is a God of the individual, not of groups.

• subtlevirtue
    subtlevirtue

The link seems to have no religious content, .

yes, it does seem that way. save solving the omnipotence paradox

no istructions to form a riligious organisation

it could be used as foundational teachings

Newton, Kepler, Galileo, Kopernikus, Eistein even all had a spiritual dimension to their important life works. Science probably gives us the best picture of the "mind" of a possible creator,

the pragmatism section would make science necessary to a healthy relationship with the universe

but forming religious organizations seem to play no part in that.

peer review would play an important part of a groups formation

enjoy your ideas, equations, leave the organizing to the organizers

I have studied the law for a few year and I have invented a new form of collective

Do you have Charisma?

I may have enough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit