Not talking about Easter but shouldn't jw's be giving a public talk about the death and resurrection of Jesus this time of the year?

by nowwhat? 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

After all we do know the date when this occurred unlike his birth. Isn't this the foundation of the Christian faith? And the biggest event in mankind's history? (Assuming you still believe)

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Of course, We know the answer to that. The org de- emphasizes Jesus as much as possible and still be considered a " Christian" religion

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW
    In your mind does their annual Memorial talk qualify? They gave such a talk last Saturday.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

I haven`t been to a meeting in 26 or so years what is the memorial talk about nowadays ? Anyone ?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The memorial talk is just that. Nothing about his resurrection

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

don't they usually have a special talk the Sunday after the memorial? I've been to plenty of them but I had the super-power of being able to not listen so don't remember what they were generally about. Probably more about getting the non-jw memorial visitors to sign up than about Jesus I suspect.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The main subject of the memorial and allied meetings at this time of year is strict instructions and information as to why you must not take the emblems. That seems to be the over arching message ignored by thousand more every year.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Death and Resurrection of Jesus are the fundamental, foundational teachings of Christianity. Why would you expect JW org to go in to either too much ?

JW org only pretends to be Christian for business purposes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit