UK Charity Commission Asks For Experiences/JWVictims.org Article

by Iown Mylife 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Article dated 4/19/16, says Jonathan Sanders is asking for statements from UK residents, about JW experiences that have happened since 2011, to assist the investigation.

Marina

• pepperheart
  • cofty
    cofty
    Bumpity bump
  • ivanatahan
    ivanatahan
    Big news!
  • wizzstick
    wizzstick

Link

“Dear All,

I hope you are all well. It is bright and sunny here in London so I hope the weather is good in your part of the world.

We are continuing to make good progress on our inquiries into safeguarding and charities linked to Jehovah’s Witnesses; I am also pleased to say that we are in addition making progress in addressing the complaints we have received regarding governance and the public benefit delivered by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain. I am looking forward to being able to share further information with you on both counts in the very near future.

I would now like to ask people who have experience of the following to let me know if they would be prepared to make a formal written statement:

• Direct, first-hand experience
    • Of safeguarding
    • In charities linked to congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses
    • In England and Wales
    • After 2011
    • And NOT currently being investigated by the police or going through the criminal or civil courts

I know that there are many people whose experience has been different. I would like to assure you that I value the information you have shared with me to date. I hope it will be all right for us to stay in touch so that we can communicate with each other about the way the inquiries are going; I in any case anticipate that I will be coming back in the not too distant future with further appeals for witnesses who have had different experiences.

I also recognise that there are many people who are not in a position to provide a statement. Please do not feel under any pressure from me to do anything that is not right for you; and again please allow me to assure you that the information you have shared has been invaluable in helping us to develop our lines of inquiry.

Some of you have already contacted me either directly or indirectly with details of your experiences. I am very thankful to you for doing this. I am however mindful of the need to ensure that whatever steps we take are underpinned by best evidence, and so this is why I am now asking you to consider working with me to translate the emails and letters you have sent into formal statements.

If your experiences are reflected above, I would be very grateful if you would consider contacting me so that I can give you more information about the next steps. I would envisage meeting in person and taking a statement from you. I would not ask any questions about the detail of the abuse but would rather ask about how the trustees of the congregational charities dealt with what happened.

I know this is a lot to think about so please let me know if you have any questions. I would as ever be very pleased to field questions on any other aspect of our work or simply to catch-up!

Take care,

Jonathan.

Jonathan Sanders

Senior Investigator

Investigations Monitoring & Enforcement

Charity Commission

*: [email protected]

(: 0300 065 2075

8: www.charitycommission.gov.uk

.: Charity Commission | PO Box 211 | Bootle | L20 7YX”

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Jonathan Sanders comes across as a splendid chap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit