being a stickler for certain rules? Or do others think of me as being

first of all merciful and god?' Pick, pick, pick. That was the Pharisaic

way. The Pharisees looked for every flaw - real or imagined. They kept

people on the defensive and reminded them of their failures. The Pharisees

prided themselves on tithing the tiniest herbs, like mint, dill, and

cumin. They advertised their piety by their dress and tried to direct the

nation. Surely we must avoid the tendency of always looking for and

highlighting flaws in others.

My God, how can they not realize they are describing themselves. Of all the people that DON"T show mercy to others JW's take the lead. Just had to share.

• Hamas
    Hamas

WT hypocrisy blows my mind.

I was just scanning over some quotes myself. It makes me so mad.

Thus Saith Jehovah's Witnesses available at Freeminds org is great !

www.freeminds.org

• micheal
    micheal

Until people start thinking outside of the box they will never see how hypocrital jw's really are.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

I remember the wt study that was based on. It was one of the better articles I thought. Ironically, those kinds of articles along with the greatest man book were key in me taking the rose colors off the glasses.

Axelspeed

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    My God, how can they not realize they are describing themselves.

Actually, they do realize it. That article (the famous "pick,pick,pick" article) was one of the few self-critical articles ever published in the Watchtower. Well, I should revise that... it didn't actually criticze the WTS. But it openly admitted that pharisaical attitudes were a problem in the congregation.

• shamus
    shamus

Well, they do describe the Pharisees quite well. However, they do not describe their judgmental attitude.... something that they fail to mention in the text, because they themselves are guilty of it... (that is, the WTBTS).

Check out a million threads here and see who looks more like a Pharisee!

• Mary
    Mary
    The Pharisees prided themselves on tithing the tiniest herbs, like mint, dill, and cumin. They advertised their piety by their dress and tried to direct the nation.

The Governing Body pride themselves on splitting hairs about what fractions of blood components you can and can't accept, even in the face of death. They advertise their piety through their publications and try to direct 6 million others to be just like them.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Sometimes, it's as if a non-jw wrote ceratin articles. Of course, that's not the case, so it's another case of talk being cheap.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

To me, it's further proof that there are liberals on the GB. Probably not people who are anywhere near the sort of reforms the Society needs to make... but liberals of the sort that Ray Franz was in the 70's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit