Metoo movement will get watchtower in further trouble

by wannaexit 6 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Personally, I think the Watchtower is getting the Watchtower into further trouble. IMO, high-control religions always seem to end up being their own worst enemy.

Semi-panicked instructions to "shred the files" are not something innocent, virtuous organizations do, after all.

They are, however, the kind of actions authoritarian regimes tend to take when they're afraid (or have been advised by their lawyers) that they're losing.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

" I think the Watchtower is getting the Watchtower into further trouble."

Like the ole saying, give em enough rope and they will hang themselves. WT is doing it to themselves.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

ToesUp, I couldn't agree more. Just think about the leaked videos showing how unable they have been to be a good steward with the congregants money. And even if you never saw any of the leaked videos, like a regular JW, if they have any memory that just a couple of years ago they said they needed to build 300 KH per year every year for 5 years. Now all of the sudden, "we don't need to build any" and "we will just make best use of available funds"

Well, very good. Good for you, that's the way it should be. But, wait....that's the way it SHOULD HAVE BEEN FROM THE FRICKEN START!!!

It shouldn't take you 2-3 years to figure this out. On one of the latest Mike & Kim videos, the leak video said that the GB didn't even know how many KH there were in the U.S. Hello!!! Finance 101. Know your inventory!

But the good ole GB didn't even know the 101. So sad for them. There ARE JW's who have noticed this. There are, they are not many, there are some. And the more time that goes by and more blunder, you can bet, the chink in the armor is moving along quite nicely.

Rant over.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"the leak video said that the GB didn't even know how many KH there were in the U.S."

The rank and file are supposed to put their confidence in these idiots? Yeah, I'm going to trust their guidance on the blood issue and their interpretation of the Bible?

If you don't know how many Kingdom Halls you have, how can you expect your followers to have any confidence in you?

I hope the rank and file see these leaked videos and start to question WT's credibility!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS/JWS was put together by novice bible theologians who were opportunistic publishing businessmen.

That's why they were always a pretentious devious fraud foiled mostly by its own agenda of commercializing their products.

They exploited peole's own ignorance of bible Scripture and secular knowledge as well, cultivating their own power and monetary assets in the process.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"The WTS/JWS was put together by novice bible theologians who were opportunistic publishing businessmen."

And they bend over backwards to keep the rank-and-file from realizing that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit