What the Org Teaches #6 The "Governing Body" Resolved the Circumcision Issue

by The Searcher 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    #6 The "Governing Body" Resolved the Circumcision Issue

What the Org Says: bt chap. 13 p. 103 par. 9 - "One valuable lesson we learn is that we need to trust God’s organization.* Consider: The brothers in Antioch knew that the governing body was made up entirely of Christians of Jewish background. Yet, they trusted that body to settle the question of circumcision in harmony with the Scriptures."

But What Does the Bible Really Teach?

At Galations 2:1-9, the apostle Paul's words are crystal clear - he was divinely inspired to tell those in Jerusalem that circumcision was not required for Christians. (v2)

He taught them - not the other way around! Galatians 2:6 - "But regarding those who seemed to be important......those highly regarded men imparted nothing new to me.

The apostle Paul was used to settle the circumcision issue - not a fictitious "governing body."

The Brooklyn hierarchy dictates that the circumcision issue proves Christ appointed a "governing body" in the first century. The Bible's account proves that the Brooklyn hierarchy are charlatans! ("a person who falsely pretends to know or be something in order to deceive people". Merriam-Webster dictionary)

*One valuable lesson we learn is that we need to waken up to the perversions of the business corporation which masquerades as "God’s" organization and "keeps transforming itself into an angel of light." (2 Cor. 11:14)

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hey Searcher Welcome Back,

Sorry I didn't email you. I have been incredibly busy, but I am glad to see you back.

This is a great OP, I might use it when I go to the trolleys today, I will just show them form my phone and take my silver sword bible reference the scriptures.

I will say I know it's an apostate site and what you say is not credible, but if it's not on JW.org how can we verify it as true or false?

I would be silly to follow blindly as the Catholics do.

(p.s. If I don't email you in the next week, send me a PM on Facebook, Sam Powell, send it to both accounts I only ever check one)

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

This one is so clear to me that I honestly don't know why more don't wake from it. why???

1. The ones that were murmuring came down to Antioch and came from where? Judea. Where is Jerusalem? Yep in the center of Judea.

2. The Pharisees actually spoke at this council. How could it be a governing body if they were speaking opinion.

3. Paul hadn't been back to Jerusalem in many years. If the governing body was there why had he not gone back to settle other matters that surely would have come up?

4. James also had to travel to Jerusalem to meet up with Paul etc.

Everything in Acts 15 points to the fact that there was not a governing body but rather they traveled to where the problem was coming from and mind you the obvious location for meeting. That's it!!! Nothing else to it. Fred Franz talk speaks to all of this almost verbatim. When I first heard it my mouth dropped as it was what I had thought myself almost to the letter.

• blondie
    blondie

Also it was Paul who went and straightened out PETER on the issue when he and other Jewish Christians were shunning the Gentile Christians.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I don't suppose you've got a link please, for the fred Franz talk Hadriel?

• KateWild
    KateWild

I had a great time preaching to the trolley publisher, thanks Searcher xx

• Listener

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit