Missionary suicide..

by fulano 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• fulano
    fulano

I just read this...

http://avoidjw.org/2014/12/suicide-jehovahs-witness-missionary/

Does anybody know if this was a "real", missionary, or a need greater and who was it? If you don't want to mention it here please a pm.

• dbq407
    dbq407
    That is sad, and only a few weeks ago at the meeting they were suggesting how to help depressed ones.....invite them to work in service with you, have them over for a meal, include them in family worship......umm how about getting some real help? That was never mentioned.
  • avoidjw
    avoidjw
    It's a real person. His surviving brother and mother are part of the exjw community and gave me permission to post the story.
  • fulano
    fulano
    Avoid..you have a Pm. I really like to know who in the DR it was.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    the family never got any kind of contact from the society. Suicide, another problem they are leading the numbers in & burying their heads in the sand with. There are always signs that some-one is thinking of ending their life but if you don't know what they are then it's hard to tell. This religion doesn't allow people to freely express their inner feelings, they are afraid they will be put down/reported on/told they are the problem etc, you get the picture. If you start to struggle your declared spiritually weak, not fit to associate with, abandoned. Can you even begin to imagine what that must be like for a man who is used to being looked up to in a cong. He must have hidden himself for a long time. It is tragic & totally un-necessary.
  • fulano
    fulano

I knew some missionaries with problems. One was removed as an elder in his sixties, lived in my home. Another Canadian never happy with his city assignments and also removed as an elder. Another one, now working at the branch who frankly commented me he would like to stop missionary-life, but what to for a living at the age of 46?

A single sister in Santo Domingo who never could sleep in our home, so she used to sleep during the meetings. Etc...it's a hard life I tell you, struggling with health, the members of the home, local elders, lack of money...

I really like to know who it was that killed himself as I havent heard nothing about it from anyone.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    I think it was an electrician in southern california.
  • fulano
    fulano
    This is about a missionary in the DR...
  • avoidjw
    avoidjw
    If my memory serves me correct, this missionary was originally from the UK serving as a missionary in the DR. I've asked around for more information; if I hear more, I'll let you know fulano.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sabin - "Suicide, another problem they are leading the numbers in & burying their heads in the sand with."

For the same reason they're burying their heads over the pedo problem...

...addressing it properly would too deeply undermine the assertion that the WTS is God's Exclusive Organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit