Dropout ,Theranos

by smiddy3 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Has anybody watched this series ? I didn`t know anything about it and was hooked after watching the first episode of seven .

A 19 year old Stanford girl Elizabeth Holmes forms her own company of which she is CEO ,becomes a billionaire in a short time featured on the cover of Fortune magazine and Forbes Claiming to revolutionize the health of everyone using her invention........but never comes up with the goods

,How did she do it ?

I think you will be hooked as I was.

• Biahi
    Biahi

We will have to try that one, right now we are plowing our way through Shameless. Also looking forward to Better Call Saul, and the Handmaids Tale.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I've been reading about it and watching some youtube videos. Somehow I was only vaguely aware of it back in 2015 when it hit the news, but now I find the story compelling. It's interesting how she was committed to following this dream, but the whole concept was flawed from the beginning. A case study in deception, both self-deception and deception of the investors.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I was hooked into it two but after alittle bit, I dropped it and took the lose. There was something fishy about it.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The book about Theranos was Bad Blood, by John Carreyrou. The story of Holmes and Theranos isn't as outrageous or insane as that of Enron, but it's still an entertaining read.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sunny Balwanis is currently not in jail he faced court in march this year.

Earlier in March, Sunny sold the 6,800-square foot home where he and Elizabeth lived in Atherton, California, for a cool $15.8 million, the New York Post reported. The two originally bought the mansion in 2013 for $9 million.

Apparently he faces the same jail time as Elizabeth of 20 years if found guilty as charged.

Elizabeth faces court later this year to be sentenced.

Watch this space.

Maybe you should look up the '' News reports" of what took place Foolednomore.?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sunny Balwanis ------Theranos,

Earlier in March, Sunny sold the 6,800-square foot home where he and Elizabeth lived in Atherton, California, for a cool $15.8 million, the New York Post reported. The two originally bought the mansion in 2013 for $9 million.

Sunny `s court case was held in March of this year and he faces the same time in jail of 20 years as Elizabeth who will be sentenced later this year if found guilty of all charges.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes, it was excellent. I also enjoyed the documentary "bad blood".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit