Porter Resignation: Spousal Abuse: Mormons = JWs?

by Joe Grundy 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Reading the reports of Porter's (alleged?) physical abuse of his ex-wives, I was struck by a few things:

- Abuse was reported to (Mormon) church leaders. Victim encouraged to stay and try harder.

- Victim told to consider impact on abuser's career if incidents reported.

- Church leader (Hatch) quick to come out in support of abuser.

This reminded me very much of reports I have read here and elsewhere of JW victims and the 'don't bring reproach' mantra.

JG

• Giordano
    Giordano

I agree Joe. Another example of saying don't bring reproach on Jehovah or whoever the Mormons worship....actually it's all about not bringing reproach on the human leadership.

Porter is a perfect addition into the 'pussy grabbing' life style of the Trump administration.

If your beating on your wife, your kids, anyone...... you are a deplorable.

It's not taking very long to see how unfit Trump's choices have been.

As far as Porter goes.......... good riddance.

WHY IN THE WORLD DID THIS GUY HAVE REASON TO SMACK HIS WIVES AROUND?

How did this scum bag get to be a player in the Trump administration?

Well there is Trump....... a guy accused of raping his first wife because his hair transplant hurt.

Donald Trump....Cadet Bone Spur.

Porter's ex-wives detailed the allegations to the FBI over the course of a routine background check, they told CNN's MJ Lee on Wednesday. A year into the administration, Porter does not hold a security clearance.
    By early fall, it was widely known among Trump's top aides -- including chief of staff John Kelly -- both that Porter was facing troubles in obtaining the clearance and that his ex-wives claimed he had abused them. No action was taken to remove him from the staff.

#Sickening

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Things that happen with the Mormons always remind me alot of JWs. I think they are our "close cousins", much more than Scientologists.

I personally know of a few cases very similar to this where a wife suffered spousal abuse for decades and was told by elders to be more "submissive". And, there was alot of emphasis on how it would look if people knew a JW elder was beating his wife and kids. I have no idea how things are handled now.

The whole concept of not bringing reproach on Jah or the organization is the main reason JWs don't go to the authorities on several issues (child abuse/domestic violence/shady business dealings/etc) There's seems to be no separation of church and state when it comes to JWs. The elders are treated as the ultimate authority.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Listening to the news about this made me think how this sounds just like the JW borg. As we have always said cult is a cult. Same M.O. just a different name.

This is a little off subject the other day I watch a old episode of Monk. The title was Monk joins a cult. Boy did the ever hit the nail on the head when it comes to cult's. If you get a chance to see it do so. You will laugh and think boy this is real. Still Totally ADD

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have attended the lds church and by what I've heard both on line and in real life would draw me to conclude that there is certainly a relationship between the 2. If you want to find another religion that more closely mimics the jws then I would suggest the iglasea ni christo (I have also attended their services as well). I think they beat the mantra of been gods chosen people more than the JWS.

They are more controlling as well. At start time of the service the door is locked. Windows are blanked out. A record is kept of those members who are not present, and a follow up call is given. Cell phones are handed in before entry. Men and women are separated. I have never seen anyone get up and go to the toilet during the service, or whisper to one another. It's certainly to another level with the iglasea ni christo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit