Secret witnesses, wiretaps and banned literature

by Fadeaway1962 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/odr/secret-witnesses-wiretaps-and-banned-literature-how-russian-law-enforcement-prosecutes-jehovahs-witnesses/

Shame for those in prison,

Where were the angels and the holy spirit to protect them like in the past ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hard to believe this goes on anywhere in the 21st Century.

Very sad that Russia has decided to take such a deplorable position against any members of the religion.

• LV101
    LV101

As much as I detest the WT cult (another prison), this is horrific and perfect example of countries under totalitarian rule - no basic human freedom/rights. I will read the article later - looked too disgusting.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well Jehovah`s Witnesses do predict / gloat / glory in their belief that all Governments of this world will be destroyed at Armageddon and a Theocratic Government will be installed . Right ?

And in hindsight Governments would look at other doomsday cults that predict the end of the world etc,and wonder if these fanatics would act out like Wacol / Jonestown or some other wacko`s .They don`t know.Who knows what desperation might they do when the end is never coming ,some looneys might just try to bring it on themselves .

I`m surprised more governments haven`t banned them for continually telling people that God is going to destroy them and their Governments if they don`t become Jehovah`s Witnesses .

Lets tell it how it is folks , and not pander to the bloody Jehovah`s Witnesses.

• LV101
    LV101

I agree re/gov'ts taking precautions - WT must have been out of line in Russia - I didn't follow the Russian info. Wasn't it more about the old church of Russia seizing up the power this last time. If WT is causing harm in general it's understandable the gov't would go after them.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Is Russia doing anything that the org isn't doing.

Why can't I put my name or location on this forum , possible this forum is trolled by JWs.( Extremists forum eyes of the org)

Why can't we openly question the org about CSA , UN , 586 bce , false prophecy etc without the fear of being shunned.

Hear that elders call brothers pretending that they are your friend when they have them on a secret conference call trying to them to admit some kind of wrong doing.

Then invite you to a judicial committee were you have already been found guilty then sentence you to solitary confinement disfellowshipping so you lose your family and friends possible for the rest of your life.

Putin and the hateful eight are both narcissistic bullys.

• LV101
    LV101

Yep - amazing/terrible when Putin beats them at their own game. Several yrs. ago psychologists witnessed the destruction on the lives of JWs who were nixed out and the negative mental health issues it caused so I'm all for Russia standing up to the NoKo cult but I have empathy for the JWs doing time because of brainwashing and hope/justice for a better life. Wouldn't take much more than a happy on earth line to hook someone there - they'll do anything to get out of that country. Spend time in Russia and you can't wait to board jet to get out. Beautiful country/resource rich/pathetic.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I feel sorry for those who are suckered in. Maybe this will wake them up that is is looney tune bullshit and to get on with their lives instead of put their trust in a delusional cult.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Let's hope that our hatred for JW's don't persuade us to support what Russia is doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit