JW and the Sabbath

by Andromeda 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

Scully: this isn't really about brining them to believe and observe the sabbath. The organization has already been confronted by this many times and of course they won't bend their will. Neither do I expect anyone else to follow. I personally simply wanted to see if anyone here had opened up their eyes as well. And how they went about it. But as much as I try to stay on topic is really difficult because other people started brining up the flood, blood etc. Which is why I even mentioned the Jesuits at all because whether anyone wants to believe or not that our education and information is filtered by their (opus deis) people under them, it is what they do. They want to keep us in ignorance and that's why it seems there is no evidence for what the bible says but there is. Anyhow only reason why I even went into this was because I started being attacked by believing in God and how apparently for most of you it seems illogical.

Thank you for your input though.

And perhaps I would be blessed on your eyes if I told you not another person in my family is a JW. Which is in fact truth so I wouldn't have to face harsh consequences as others would in that regard. I don't just consume WT materials for I know there are other well educated people on the subject so I won't refrain myself from learning from them too. But that's just what I do. I don't follow a religion to become it. I simply do it because they for the most part belief as I do. Even before I ever studied with them I had already made my mind about a lot of the stuff they teach....anyhow I appreciate your input.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    And perhaps I would be blessed on your eyes if I told you not another person in my family is a JW. Which is in fact truth so I wouldn't have to face harsh consequences as others would in that regard.

I get it now, you chose to be a Jehovah's Witness and therefore it is your belief by choice. I can respect that and I can relate as I too never had any family that attended church regularly and chose to become an Independent Fundamental Baptist early in my Christian life.

If I may ask, are you married? If not, do you plan to marry "only in the Lord?" For you, that means only Jehovah's Witnesses as for me it meant only other fundamentalist Baptists. Being someone who does not see the WT as the only source of truth you may end up, much like I did, find information from those who even your religion deems as untrustworthy to be factually correct. If that happens, you may find it difficult to support a religion like yours that, similar to my old church, promotes a very limited and narrow minded world view.

If you end up marrying (assuming you're not married) outside the witnesses you may find, much like I did when I married a witness, that they have a sincere faith in God and may find that difficult to reconcile with WT teachings that all non-witnesses are not serving God (much as my IFB church said of all other churches).

Good luck to you, keep on searching for truth and following the evidence. To quote CT Russell, "...seek truth where ever you find it, no matter what it contradicts."

fwiw, I am an atheist though I do appreciate and respect a lot of Christian teachings even though I no longer consider the Bible to be the inerrant word of God. I'm not really sure if a deity exists but if one does I cannot imagine that this deity is so concerned with petty things that man made religions concoct in order to show outward devotion. Remember what Jesus said about the Pharisee who put on a display of their devotion to God. I see many Christians, and JWs in particular in their outwardly showy displays of devotion, in the same light.

• Half banana
    Half banana

It is infinitely better to know than to believe. Andromeda was chained to the rock of belief.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Andromeda-" And Also I shared 2 different sites and I clearly said do more research if you want."

No need to. The sites you referenced disprove the Noachian flood quite adequately.

Androneda-" Even if there was no evidence from man I would still believe God."

Zeus never claimed to believe in a Noachian flood...

• Half banana
    Half banana

If you are over twelve years old and you still believe in Noah and a global flood... you have a lot of waking up and learning to do.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Andro, so you are the only one in your family that is a JW? Almost your whole family are medical professionals? What do they think about your approach to religious thought? Does your approach clash with their ideas of the world?

Nah

Andro, you have never been a JW. Never were and aren't now

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

I'm already married. Like I said I google the Jesuits you may be mind blown to find out that what you think you know might not be even the truth.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    andro: you may be mind blown to find out that what you think you know might not be even the truth.

We're waitin' on ya...

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

Orphancrow you really on to someting. I don't think I asked "am I a JW?" Did I? But I actually am. Maybe you just happen to think that all jws are the same. Lol. Ah no! My family fully supports me as they have always, and if you are going back to the blood issue that's not a problem. The only family member that ever needed blood, died from it. I would never accept blood by someone else jw or not. I also happen to know someone who contracted aids by blood transfusion and a friend's father also died from a blood transfusion. So I'm pretty set on stone. You will be surprised to know that my family members have the same point of view, not because of God but because no one ever talks about the negative impact of blood transfusion, luckily they know first hand and the only people we know personally were all unfortunate. So if you wish to know more, create your own topic.

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

And no I won't elaborate on the Jesuits. If you wish to know truth find it. I was only interested in one thing. I repeat the only reason I mention them is because you all think that what you were told in schoolis the truth and everyone else who questions it , is ignorant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit