Dropped my family off at the thought control assembly 🙄

by UnshackleTheChains 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Well that's my family dropped off at the assembly for their mind control charge up.

From what my 2 sisters (non witnesses) in ireland said about my mother (Pioneer) after her assembly, was that she seemed to more fanatical and that they couldn't change the subject as obsessed with the end etc.

I hope their mind control coercive talks don't have too much impact on my family. 😒

• carla
    carla

Yes, it always seems like it takes awhile for the convention to wear off. Christmas is coming so they can bitch about that instead. Wait long enough and they always have some new negative thing to talk about. I shouldn't say new as it always just circles around anyway. They have seasons of negativity.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They push the persecution mantra a lot, and worst times ever. Along with last minutes last day

If you knew any oldtimers who came out of the depression and WW2 it was worse then

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

Which assembly was that ? Where is it ?

• UnshackleTheChains
  • Ding
    Ding

Assemblies psych people up for a couple of months and then everything gets back to normal.

Sometimes assembly talks even wake people up, such as when they announce "new light" that contradicts what the WT has been teaching for years.

• sir82
    sir82

Assemblies psych people up for a couple of months and then everything gets back to normal.

That's awfully generous.

In my experience, the "spiritual high" lasted less than a week - by the time the next regularly-scheduled Kingdom Hall meeting finished, everything was back to the same ol' drudgery, tedium, and mind-numbing routine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit