If JWs are living "The Best Life Ever," then why preach?

by JW_Rogue 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Shouldn't the unhappy and unfulfilled worldly people see what JWs have and be drawn to them? Shouldn't they be showing up at KHs asking for bible studies? At work shouldn't they be asking how JWs families are so happy? I mean everyone wants true happiness, so why work so hard for new members?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

You have a point

If people are rich and famous or powerful, many would flock to them for help and association. Or alteast for a selfie.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I don't think they would even need to be rich but if they exuded happiness and seemed to genuinely have a purpose in life, then they wouldn't need to put in billions of hours knocking on people's doors.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

As the old saying goes "actions speak louder than words".

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

The "Best Life Ever" is the one defined by Jesus:“If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and keep following me.

Do you think anyone would want this life? That's what makes missionary activity a heck of a job.

I mean everyone wants true happiness, so why work so hard for new members?

There are different charities everywhere in the world. The volunteers working there say that it gives them true happiness and purpose in life. If they claim that they are truly happy, then why do you think they work hard to have all these fundraising programs to attract more volunteers and raise funds?

A cause that makes me happy may not necessarily ring with you. If you want a following for your cause then it takes insane levels of promotional activities, no matter how noble the cause is.

• sir82
    sir82

Bingo.

On a tangential note: If meetings are so "refreshing" and "encouraging", why is it that every time a meeting is cancelled due to bad weather, JWs celebrate?

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    There are different charities everywhere in the world. The volunteers working there say that it gives them true happiness and purpose in life. If they claim that they are truly happy, then why do you think they work hard to have all these fundraising programs to attract more volunteers and raise funds?

Maybe it's fake just like JWs LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit