The Iron Fist in the Velvet Glove

by Lee Elder 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Imposed guilt, fear, mixed with lies and deceptions , that's not the WTS. and never has been !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Failure to abstain from blood

Yup. A captive religion.

What non JW would be interested in this from a legal point of view?

• Simon
    Simon

The other thing that form shows is how easily corrupt their system is.

The police "police" themselves.

The form is basically saying "did you do everything properly?" but only they get to answer. There is no sign-off by the person concerned or independent input about what happened.

"this is not the fact of the matter" whether there were any facts involved or not.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When they say they no longer disfellowship someone who takes blood, they are telling the truth. The form clearly shows that it is the truth.

The form will have the box checked that says the individual disassociated them self for taking blood. No disfellowshipping action from the organization, but an individual action that caused them to simply fill out a form.

They neglect to say that this is the exact same result as if they disfellowshipped the person, but it's theocratic warfare (except for Geoffrey Jackson who never heard of such a thing).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

We should compile a list of things that have been changed from "DF offenses" to "DA actions"...

- blood transfusions

- "whistleblowing" (as per revelations at the Aussie RC)

- celebrating Christmas (ditto)

...any others?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Onthewayout: No disfellowshipping action from the organization, but an individual action that caused them to simply fill out a form.

Exactly. "No disfellowshipping action".

No judicial commitee required. Taking a blood transfusion is an automatic offense. The offender doesn't even get the option of going through a process to determine sin. The sin of taking a blood transfusion is pre-determined.

A speedy divorce...Reno style...just sign on the dotted line. It's sort of like a "Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect 200 dollars" - go straight to being shunned.

No trial, no judical process....just get the fuck out.

Is there any other WT "sin" that is allows for such a speedy process?

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    I didn't take blood because I thought that was the right thing to do. No one put a gun to my head.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Mad Irishman - "I didn't take blood because I thought that was the right thing to do. No one put a gun to my head."

So, you're saying that the thought of being ostracized by your family, friends, and congregation had nothing to do with it?

• wifibandit
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Mad Irishman: I didn't take blood because I thought that was the right thing to do. No one put a gun to my head.

Last words of Jonestown follower: "I am going to drink it because I think it is the right thing to do. Nobody is putting a gun to my head."

You are right, MadIrishman. Nobody put a gun to your head. The WTS put a gun inside your head. And told you to pull the trigger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit