Annual meeting 2021

by asp59 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• asp59
    asp59

Started to watch annual meeting. Morris speaking. Directly he compared GB now to the apostles in the bible. That they we're the GB of there days. Though apostles we're guided by holy spirit and we're not living in a convent like current GB? Second how org is planting, watering and God is making it grow. Who is watering if the platform school has been removed. I could just watch 10 minutes. He doesn't like to use the bible to proof he's point. Don't even think he have a bible in hand when giving talks. I bet if you watched whole show you picked up a lot more odd things.

• asp59
    asp59

He usually don't quote scripture. Don't think he has a bible in His hand even when giving speeches. It's like they sitting of time in there bethel jail. Hoping they probably die of old age and can be ride of all this.

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

"Directly he compared GB now to the apostles in the bible."

He's done that before to validate the ushering in of the organization's new "decrees". He actually used that word. They come from "Jehovah" even though the GB are not inspired to receive them. To use the apostles as their example, goes way beyond scripture.

The apostle Paul:

"When I was present with you and was in need, I wasn’t a burden on anyone, for the brothers, when they came from Macedonia, supplied the measure of my need. In everything I kept myself from being burdensome to you, and I will continue to do so. As the truth of Christ is in me, no one will stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia. 11 Why? Because I don’t love you? God knows. 12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from those who desire an occasion, that in which they boast, they may be found even as we. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as Christ’s apostles. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is no great thing therefore if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. 2 Cor 11: 9-15

Rev 2:2 - “I know your works, and your toil and perseverance, and that you can’t tolerate evil men, and have tested those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and found them false."

• waton
    waton
    die of old age and can be ride of all this [out]' a59,

That would not get them to ride the steeds at Armageddon, immortaly. according to Rev 20, your fate has to be sealed by "the axe"

they have good security at warwick. wicked warriors.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I find it ironic that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, a Protestant/Reformationist Sect, is basically teaching Apostolic Succession like the Catholic Church. Every Catholic Bishop can trace his lineage back to the original Apostles.

Just plain hypocracy.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

As posted on another thread, I just breezed through the Annual Meeting video.

Yes!!! AM3 is kicking the GT can down the road. Interestingly, most of what he says is exactly what people have been whispering. (And I always find it interesting that this is how they always address these issues, ie, 1914 being 100 years ago. When they end their silence they tackle it head on and put some good spin on it.)

This time it is: Mom is dead. Grandma is dead.Great grandma is dead. And now I'm as old as they were when they died. Yet, they all felt (as I do) that they were going to live right through the GT and Big A and stroll right on into the Panda Petting Paradise. But instead they all died. No Paradise in sight. Still they are to be commended because they were always "On the Watch" and "living in expectation". AND....... all that doesn't really matter because when they wake up in the resurrection it will be as if they had just slept through the night but awakened into Paradise.

WHAT HE FAILS TO SAY is that these people had put the rest of their lives "on hold". They had not saved and planned to get old because they were assured that they would NEVER get old. But as usual, he blames it all on them. He reads the verse that "no one knows the hour, ...... not even the son". SO............ they ignored the Bible. Yes, my friends, it's all their own fault!!

SO.... HE ALSO FAILS TO SAY that everyone of them was assured by "God's F&D Slave" that they would not die and that they would walk right into Paradise. These people did not all pull this bullshit out of their @$$. We all know that WT Leadership has been beating that drum of "IT'S RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER" for over 100 years! They only pull out that scripture that "no one knows" when it's convenience for them to cover their ass of failures.

So, brothers and sisters, it is still RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. But the corner is still so damn long that you very well may get old and even die before we make the turn. Amen.

think

• alanv
    alanv

Lloyd Evens has done a series of videos going over the whole annual meeting. Well worth a watch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit