Assimilation day: Imitate Jokeovah!

by Darkknight757 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    So today was the one day assembly or whatever it's called now. Fun times.😳

Use resources wisely:
    1 Cor 16:1,2 Now about the collection for the Lord’s people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. 2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

-Set aside something early in the week for the storm deity.
    -Be content with food and clothing.
    -Budget money so you can donate.
    -What is our focus? More important things being Kingdumb interest.
    Family demo for a new phone that will mean a new contract. (Not a free phone so you have to pay for it=less money for pedos)

Exerting Power Responsibly:
    "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely." LOL Governing body anyone???

Loving Others Loyally:
    Psalm 9:5 You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked;you have "blotted out" their name for ever and ever.
    God forgives and forgets,until the eltards meet with you to tell you all the crap you've done wrong over the past 5 years or so.😕

Baptism: 19 suckers. One kid couldn't be older than 12. What a waste of life.
    Matthew 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him.

-Did this mean that Jesus pre human memories were restored or did the clouds just open up?

-Encourage pioneering after baptism. Man sells business to support family. Gonna be screwed come retirement.

Acct: $10,000 last donation
    $22,000 cost for assimilation
    $24,000 so far-surplus instead of deficit.

You Must be Holy:
    -Tight pants/metrosexual clothing and no superhuman shows. (Super girl)

Romans 12:1,2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

-So basically don't do anything normal people do like watch cool movies and shows because they are a product of Satan. (Boogidy boogidy boo)

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

19 baptized? That seems more than usual. Were they all teens or younger?

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

My family went to their one day assembly, too. I wonder if you were at the same one.

A few questions for you ...

1. Was there any mention of shunning family members?

2. They really said to watch no superhuman shows???? My God! The JWs I know in this area go to Comicon every time it comes to town, including my sister's family. Her elder husband's favorite shirt is his Superman shirt.

3. Anything about education?

Thanks in advance!

• Lieu
    Lieu

It's not possible to imitate God.

I don't care what Paul needed to say to ancient Romans about their dress. I've seen the paintings ... had nothing to do with tight clothing.

Also, collections were taken to FEED and clothe the needy under siege, not so some could sit comfortably on their bums or to make books.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

The 19 were a good mix of people of all ages. Nothing special really with the exception of the super young kid.

Nothing about shunning or education.

And yes they mentioned shows with "humans with God-like qualities."

• Lieu
    Lieu

Humans with God like qualities .... ugh! Blasphemy!

If man, Biblically speaking, is a little lower than the angels ... then why not start off with Angelic like qualities?

Why not Christ like?

At least pretend to work your way up.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    And yes they mentioned shows with "humans with God-like qualities."

Instead worship the ones whose 'brother' calms the storms and who hope to meet Jesus one day. Strange their big brother with all his power can't seem to give them money so little kids have to give up ice-cream in order to donate.

• Witness My Fury
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Not sure why that gets resized to unreadable size.... it's on imgur.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    The money that they make at these conventions is absolutely ridiculous. After the last convention I was really thinking the people would be fed up with the elders giving all the money away to the society but this was one of only two times in 20 years that they donated enough before lunch to more than cover the cost of the convention. And to have already given $10,000 last time? Geez if they only knew where the money was going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit