Today's Daily Text - Being Uneducated And Ordinary... WTF!!!

by Divergent 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I echo "BS".

Have you read the simplified? Not a big difference. Just publish 1 and get it over with. Not many Princeton Grads in the Org that will be upset at cutting out a few 3 syllable words out of article.

And - by the way - if you have to make literature studied at the Meeting simple for people who can't read well, isn't that a WARNING about who you attract, and how the WT is NOT a teaching org?

Also not many years ago it was made know that they put Hard words (by Jdub standards) in the WT and you should use a dictionary and expand your reading and comprehension ability.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    And all this time I was thinking the WTFBS was teaching people to read and expanding their vocabulary. Stupid me!
  • pixel
    pixel

such as the clarified understanding of “the faithful and discreet slave.”

Stupid WT/GB. The DID NOT "clarified" anything with their new understanding. They CHANGED IT. It was all different before.

Simple Definition of clarify

• : to make (something) easier to understand

• No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    Dumbed down people are easier to manipulate. Let's recap: no going on the internet to do your own research. No asking valid but controversial questions that might threaten the powers of the Governing Body. Discourage college for members, but encourage more time in brainless activities like building kingDUMB halls and field service. Discourage all critical thinking and private group discussions of WT doctrine. And the best is making everything that sheds light on the WT cult as being evil and from Satan. They like their sheep castrated and blind.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    JDubyadom. . .the only religion where intelligence is vilified, and being stupid is something to be proud of. Smiley Rolling And Laughing Smiley Face, Emoticon
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, the Day Text says that the simplified WT is a good thing, helping people that have difficulty reading.

Instead of encouraging people to read more & become better readers, go back to school, or get a good education, they'd rather dumb down so that all who have reading difficulties can be equally crap at reading.

Nothing this org does surprises me anymore.

• No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    LoveUniHateExams 3 minutes ago

So, the Day Text says that the simplified WT is a good thing, helping people that have difficulty reading.

Instead of encouraging people to read more & become better readers, go back to school, or get a good education, they'd rather dumb down so that all who have reading difficulties can be equally crap at reading.

Nothing this org does surprises me anymore.

-LoveUniHateExams

Sounds like the way the welfare system in America is set up to keep the minorities on the ghetto plantations.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    In recent years, the spiritual instruction provided by Jehovah’s organization has reflected an increased emphasis on simplicity and clarity. Consider three examples. First, there is the simplified edition of The Watchtower.

......First, there is the simplified edition (Duh! Edition") of The Watchtower.

...............................Image result for Duh

• steve2
    steve2

Uneducated people are easy to (mis)lead.

They cite the revised New World Translation having fewer words as a virtue. The occasional word or two that should not have been inserted in the first place has been removed. Long overdue is not a virtue.

Moreover, this revised edition is avsilable primarily only in English. I wonder what the text says in other languages.

This is truly dumb stuff.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My educated (but nonetheless loyal) JW Mom calls them the "proudly ignorant".

x

Personally, I think they're pushing this to explain Letto the Clown. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit