They Don't Have A Secret Elder's Book

by pale.emperor 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pale.emperor
  • Saename
    Saename

I'm way too smart for those tricks... I can see right through you... I know your nickname stands for 'apostate' and not just 'Poztate.' I ain't gonna trust no evil apostate!

But seriously―thanks, OrphanCrow and [a]Po[s]tate. It'll be an enjoyable read.

• Saename
    Saename

Oh, pale.emperor, you too! You guys...!

• Saename
    Saename
    Poztate - It is not apostate in the least

Yeah, I know. I meant it sarcastically. It's just that I forgot to put the word 'apostate' in quotation marks to imply a sarcastic, not literal, meaning of the word 'apostate.'

• millie210
    millie210

Funny thing about that book...

many of the statements it makes are quotes from Wachtowers and KMs already in existence.

All pulled together in a resource manual.

Since the mere peon pubs have access to all the Watchtowers and KMs, what is the big secrecy deal?

I mean other than the obvious pecking order stuff?

I think it may have to do with the Elders School they attend where they are given information to write in the margins of their book, some of which gets rather detailed and somewhat strange.

It is a brilliant move though, that way if an elder acts on it, and a law suit or some type of complaint resulted, well...

its in the elders handwriting NOT the Societys!

Clever, no?

• Simon
    Simon

Typical JW response - even if you show them absolute proof of something they are determined to believe that the evidence is fake. Like the possibility that their precious religion can lie to them is the ones thing that is unimaginable.

Because they know that if the org lies, it can't be "chosen by the lie-hating god". So they pick the lies as their truth.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

When my Eldubs found out that I read the secret book, that was considered brazen, rebelliousness! I may as well have offered up fire to Jeehippity-hop!!

One asshole/Pharisee looked me in the eye, and said, "You don't qualify to read it." LOL!!!!

According to WTBTS Lawyers, the Flock Book is basically the Bible, but why can't the R&F Dubs read the Elder Book? Oh, that's right!! Because the R&F aren't allowed to read the Bible either, just WTBTS dogma, or "Bible-based" teachings.

Have you ever watch a movie, "based on a true story.."??? LOL!!!

DD

• sparky1
    sparky1

"They don't have a secret Elders book.......they don't have a secret Elders book..........they don't have a secret Elders book......................"

• 10thplague
    10thplague

If that's the case, Blondie, I should have been DFed every time I go to work! I work at a fire station and have to spend nights alone with guys all the time. Has anything ever happened? No. Could someone use that against me? Apparently! This is just so ridiculously laughable!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the elders believe that the flock book trumps the bible. A new elder came to his first real elders meeting to discuss an issue prepared with scriptures and comments by the WTS. An older elder said, Billy, Billy this is the book we use and held up the Flock book. That new elder stepped down that evening by his own choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit