$40,000.00 USD, and counting.....

by DATA-DOG 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Appalling!

Apart from the waste of "donated funds", it sends a clear message to the world that the society has NO RESPECT for the legal system that is there "by gods permission" to HELP CHILDREN!!!!

Children!!!!

Seriously!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "...it sends a clear message to the world that the society has no respect for the legal system that is there 'by gods permission'..."

When you've spent a lifetime demonizing everything outside the Org as "Satan's World", that's pretty much inevitable.

I'm sure the WT Legal Dept. has informed them that by this point, they can no longer expect to prevail in the courts, so it stands to reason they're simply "waiting on Jehovah" to bail them out via the Great Trib.

How's that for irony?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

$140,000.00 USD, and counting. Does anyone know when the next hearing will occur?

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I believe the hearing has already occurred. Saw a comment from one of the guys from jwsurvey saying they've applied to get the court documents and will report back once they know how it went.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ohh?? That's interesting. I thought the hearings weren't until August?

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

They had a month and then the court was going to evaluate the effectiveness of the sanctions. I believe the hearing was Friday.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Any news? I've been checking JWSurvey, but nothing so far...

DD

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Too bad that some of the principals in the case couldn't be jailed for contempt of court. Of course that would only pave the way to play the "persecution" card.

Perhaps even assessing a monetary fine against them jointly and severally hitting the individuals in their personal bank accounts.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Is the clock still ticking?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

$276,000 by now, they probably have a monthly direct debit. Saves admin costs of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit