$40,000.00 USD, and counting.....

by DATA-DOG 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I don't think the Watchtower will give up the list come hell or high water. Nope, not gonna do it. That would cost them way more than any fine the courts could ever impose on them. Even if they said pay $10 million if you don't give us the list, I don't think they would do it.

So I think they will just go ahead and default on the case and call this one quits. I think if they release the database it will open up lawsuits in the tens of millions maybe 100's of millions because of the damage and backlash that such a database would up everything up to.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

level, I believe you are correct. They will keep paying out the nose to make sure the documents are kept away. To turn them over would be the biggest nail in their defense coffin.

July 22, 12 days away, the court can apply further sanctions if the WT sanctions are not showing as effective.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It occurs to me that this opens up negotiations for settlement a nd puts the WaY is a vulnerable position. They love settlements. B I hope the lawyer in the plaintiffs case holds out for lots of money and no silencing clause.the borg just wants this to go away.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

In think they put themselves in to a hard situation now. The attorneys and the court have got them by the balls now. They'll have to pay probably much more the the original 13.5 million. Also most of the people abused by this elder settled out of court but not this guy. I think and hope he's not about the money but about seeking justice. If so then he has the cult over a barrel!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Crazyguy: I think and hope he's not about the money but about seeking justice...

Justice is measured by monetary settlement

Without a monetary award, there is no justice

• 4thgen
    4thgen

$120,000.00 is pittance to them. They can sell a Kingdom Hall for it's equity and still have cash left over. GRRRR

• Saename
    Saename
    4thgen - $120,000.00 is pittance to them. They can sell a Kingdom Hall for it's equity and still have cash left over. GRRRR

That's true. But as somebody else pointed out—possibly in another thread—they would then have a lot of things to explain to the media, to the non-JWs, and to the JWs. The JWs would believe anything, but the two other groups I mentioned, especially the non-JWs? The so-called "apostates"? Heck, I even wish the Governing Body actually did that!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    4thgen - "$120,000.00 is pittance to them. They can sell a Kingdom Hall for it's equity and still have cash left over."

Maybe so, but it sets a precedent, and there are a lot of impending cases with no sign of letup..

You think they can keep affording multi-thousand- (or multi-million-) dollar payouts over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...?????

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A school of hundreds of hungry piranhas is way more dangerous than a single great white shark, IMO.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

it is now upwards of $60,000. What would my mother in law think if she had donated her $60,000 home and robbed her children of their inheritance? All to pay this one fine? $60,000 gone in under a second?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit