Only a few days ago I was entirely lost and without hope the rug was pulled out from under me

by elderess 92 Replies latest jw friends

• johnna colins
    johnna colins
    This is such fantastic news to wake up have those blinders off both your and your husband's eyes. Enjoy. And don't forget the power of prayer for your children. They can be helped too. May Our our Holy Father and Jesus Christ along with the Holy Spirit be with.
  • elderess
    elderess

My son called last night as he usually does after his CLAM just to see how we are doing. I'm anxious but extremely nervous to hint to him that his father and I have made the decision to leave the organization. I'm not sure how he will react.

We made plans for a big family dinner at the end of the month and I'm considering telling him before. I just don't know how to approach it. I will make a new thread soon about this. Thank you all for your help and encouragement.

• James Jack
    James Jack
    Will be waiting to hear about it!
  • flipper
    flipper
    Hang in there Elderess- we are all pulling for you and your husband. We are here as a support to you- remember. Take care and have a beer or glass of wine
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Elderess, I will say don't tell them, or don't give them to much info, just say you don't want to talk about it, something happened & you & hubby need some time. The reason I say this is because the longer you are away from the borg the cooler they (kid's) become towards you. Mine hardly phone if they do especially the oldest there is little she has to say to me, however at least for the mo I can have contact & talk about past things we did as a family, reminders if you like that are positive & tell them that I love them. I'm just bidding time I know, but maybe something will stay with them.At the end of the day you have to do what is best for you.
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

John Aguila, is this YOU, but in female form? Sounds too good to be true. I hope it is true, but the long windedness and flat-out "whooper" writing style seem very similar. C'mon John, I know you're out there somewhere!

Wingcommander

That was some funny stuff, spit coffee all over my keyboard. Lol

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You have made my day! Just wow....

My husband and I are out together after being in more than thirty years. He was an elder for ten. When I think of all the meetings to attend, cleaning, service, studying,I get exhausted...then get an ill feeling. We can wake up now and enjoy time together.

Please let us know how things go with the children. Please tread lightly. It would be wonderful if they could join you in your newfound freedom.

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant
    What is a CLAM? I guess I've been out awhile and this is something new?
  • corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

Love your story! My husband and I also came to realize ttatt, he showed me the light. Can't wait to live life free of guilt and judgement, we too are planning on ways we would like to sin lol my husband wants to vote and I wanna decorate a Christmas tree! Although I might feel pagan and awkward when I finally do....will this jw indoctrination ever go away?..?

• oppostate
    oppostate
    What is a CLAM? I guess I've been out awhile and this is something new?

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODStudio/pub-jwbrd_201510_5_VIDEO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit