Only a few days ago I was entirely lost and without hope the rug was pulled out from under me

by elderess 92 Replies latest jw friends

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Hi elderess, I'm really happy for you and hope that soon you start looking more to the future than to the past.

Enjoy your new life!

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

What a fantastic bit of news. I bet you were elated when he also revealed his doubts. Me and my husband left the org together and it's amazing having each others support. It wont be an easy ride but it's so worth it!

xx ff

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Happy for you elderess and your hubby.

WT likes to boast that there are now 118,000+ congregations. It's not a stretch or exaggeration to say that on average there could be 10 to 15 rank and file members in each congregation (elders and/or wives, ministerial servants and/or wives, pioneers and publishers) who, like elderess and hubby, have one foot in the Kingdom Hall and one foot out!

• jhine
    jhine
    Well said Smiddy .
    Jan
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    I got shivers reading that story, thanks for posting. So good to hear. I wish it had gone so smoothly for me.
    Best of luck with the rest of your life, it'll be awesome!
  • joey jojo
    joey jojo

Hi elderess,

Thanks for sharing your story, I admit I had tears in my eyes as I was reading it and I can only imagine the weight that came off your shoulders as you and your husband poured your hearts out to each other.

May I give a word of warning in regards to your kids? I don't know if you grew up as a JW or came to it in later years but be prepared for your kid(s) to resent you for turning your backs on the religion you raised them in.

From a child's point of view, you usually believe everything your parents tell you and they may view you as hypocritical for raising them as jw's, possibly missing out on a lot of things other kids took for granted, only to see you do the exact opposite of what you taught them, when it suited you to leave.

And then, there's the whole brainwashing - 'OH-MY-GOODNESS-YOU-DONT-BELIEVE-IN-THE-TRUTH-ANYMORE-AND-ARE-BAD' thing.

Thanks again for sharing and all the best for the future.

• Listener
    Listener

Elderess, I am so glad that you have a wonderful relationship with your husband. Your positiveness and forward looking plans are admirable.

Your post moved me to tears as I am sure it has for many others.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome elderess,

Thank you for your story. It was wonderful to read

Kate xx

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

What fantastic news, how wonderful to be able to vent to your husband now as well as just on here! Here's to the rest of your lives!! X

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I nonchalantly asked him if we could talk about something. I then very plainly told him I do not believe the overlapping generations teaching is correct and that after considering what the Bible says about not adding to what the scriptures say, it is clear that the overlapping generations teaching is nothing but a ploy to buy time for yet another failed prediction.

Instead of lashing out at me and telling me I am spiritually weak, he put his glasses down, took a deep breath and told me he knows that I no longer believe it and that he has been having serious reservations about it himself!

Such a relief when both husband and wife a) learn and b) accept TTATT!

I have been doing a) for years, but when b) came, it had the effect of taking another red pill and entering another matrix again. I tell you, sometimes it takes several knockdowns to make a man humble. No man made religion and absolute thruths anymore, probably on my way to agnosticism!

The coolest thing was, that after years of researching bits and pieces of TTATT and slowly reaching the point of no return, it was so much easier to explain my doubts to my wife. It took her ONE night of reading the right websites and info to go full awake! Being an elder always pushed me back to my responsibilities and being an example for the flock.and my family, something that fuelled my self esteem within "mother's" rewarding system. God, wish I had the courage to fade just a few years earlier, let's say, around the time of the Candace Conti case in 2012! Now I'm faced with new challenges (a better job for instance) that would have been less difficult to deal with some three, four years ago.

But hey, I still count my blessings, being free of FOG the most important one!

Good luck to both of you and please keep us informed about your intriguing journey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit