Only a few days ago I was entirely lost and without hope the rug was pulled out from under me

by elderess 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Sabin
    Sabin

Big Big Big Big Big HUG for you & your husband. It will seem over whelming at times but I promise it gets better better better. I was reading your story & they have just knocked on the door it's funny i haven't been to the hall for a couple of years but I still got up & ran to my husband for emotional protection, so I am so happy that your husband is right beside you it makes it so much easier when your man just puts his arms around you & says " it's o.k. baby I got your back." Always keep that in mind it will help you to keep positive.

• smiddy
    smiddy

What a great post elderess ,best wishes to you and your hubby in joining the real world .

An Aussie sends kudos to you both

smiddy

• kairos
    kairos

I'm very happy for the both of you.

Such a great experience with the BEST possible outcome.
    ( I have to admit that I am a little bit jealous )

What a big relief to be able to speak freely and not be accused of evil.
    Best wishes on a successful fade, although a quick DA may have the biggest impact if you want to stir people up.

The shunning will begin almost immediately after you start rejecting visits or attempt to reactivate you two. I wish I DA'd years ago instead of prolonging the inevitable.

"Welcome to the real world"

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I am so happy for you! This is a rare result, but, nonetheless, the one we all keep dreaming about around here.

Welcome to the rest of your life.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing your personal experience about learning the truth about the truth! Here's my favorite line:

We’re going to go to Vegas and play poker and have fun.

That's the perfect answer to this question...

"Leave da troof? But where else would you go?..."

"
    We’re going to go to Vegas and play poker and have fun."

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

BEST NEWS EVER!

So happy for you guys.

Go slow...remain in control of your own lives, and don't allow yourselves to raise too many red flags, or be railroaded into any "meetings or discussions" that you are not comfortable with.

Life is wonderful, and there to be lived free of FOG (feat, obligation and guilt)

I have found that I feel like a child rediscovering life, the world around me and new friends....and it's a refreshing and exciting period of life!

• zeb
    zeb
    Big hug to you both.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

elderess , and hubby,

The difference between J.W,`s & JWN ,as a newbie you will find that both welcome you with open arms , shower you with good wishes , and hope you stick around

.So what is the difference.?

The love and interest shown to you by the" witnesses" is conditional , so long as you believe and obey the G.B.,you are their friend ,deviate from that and your toast.

In contrast here at JWN , you can believe what you want to believe , say what you want to say , and nobody will judge you ,we may not always agree with what another says , however nobody here will shun you , the love and interest we show each other is genuine , not" conditional" upon anyone agreeing with everything we do and say.

Sometimes some of us get a bit teste with each other , however over & above all we respect the right for everyone to express their own opinion .

Enjoy your stay here , and I hope hubby feels free to comment on here as well

smiddy

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn

Congratulations, eldress! This is truly wonderful news! I wish you and your husband all the best as you move forward. Time to get busy living :)

• flipper
    flipper

Elderess- I'm really happy that your husband and you are on the same page with this. It's amazing how much fear and guilt were indoctrinated into our minds by the WT Society where it made us even fearful of revealing our inner thoughts to our marriage mates ! Isn't that weird ? That should raise red flags to any of us that Jehovah's Witnesses ARE a mind control cult.

I want to cordially and warmly invite you to an informal yearly gathering or picnic we have over a 3 day period each year of ex-JW's - many from this board at South Lake Tahoe , California July 8th - 10th . It's the 9th year in a row we've done it at Camp Richardson and we just hang out and chill by the campfire, BBQ food, share new friendships and battle stories of our exiting the JW organization. We had about 50 people attend last year and we'd love to have you come as well ! And everybody is laid back and very supportive to one another which builds confidence in ourselves and helps rebuild our self esteem that the WT Society tried stealing away from us. Hope you and your husband can make it. We'd enjoy your company.

Hang in there. Say " hi " to your husband for us and if either you or your husband ever want to chat on the phone- just PM me and I'll give you me and my wife's number. I was born and raised in it and like so many others here- I understand what you are going through. My wife and I offer our friendship to you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit