Only a few days ago I was entirely lost and without hope the rug was pulled out from under me

by elderess 92 Replies latest jw friends

• MrsR-Awaken
    MrsR-Awaken
    I know this feeling elderess and I'm so happy for you both, congratulations!! And you know what the best part of this is? You and your husband will be more closer than ever before, your love will be tighter than before ❤ and exiting this cult will bring so much more happiness I guarantee it. My best wishes to you.
  • Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

elderess,

I, too, was an elder's wife when I began to wake up. My husband was the PO at the time. Like you and your husband we tiptoed around each other until one of us had the courage to bring the subject up.

When he came back from temp work at Bethel he kept saying how he didn't understand why the WT was maintaining so many empty buildings. I had the scales drop from my eyes when I read an article in the local newspaper about blood and Jehovah's Witnesses, looked up the cited website, then followed links to JWN, JWfacts, and more. My husband could not understand how the Flood could have been worldwide. So I offered to research it for him. That was the beginning of our talking about how we really felt.

By this time our two boys were grown with children of their own. When we shared with them what we were learning they at first agreed it was a cult. However, they have since returned to the organization and are presently shunning us. It has been 5 years since we have seen our grandchildren.

You have been given much good advice. Take things slow and deliberate. We were fortunate to have some of my nonJW family nearby to support us. We were able to move 1000 miles away from Florida to Pennsylvania.

We are here to support you and your husband. I am sending you a PM.

Take care and best of luck on your journey out of the JW prison and into the real world.

Reopened Mind

• karter
    karter

WOW What a story all the best for both of you on your new live who knows were live will lead you both.

Karter

• mrmagic
    mrmagic
    Welcome elderess what a life it is eh? So glad you are here and we're here for you. Congratulations !
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Your husband must have felt such a relief to finally download his own concerns and doubts.....he truly has a partner now.

i can't help thinking it's especially tough on the men, they are either 'appointed' as an MS/Elder or considered to be a waste of space....qualities such as gentleness, kindness etc are not what enough to be considered spiritually mature.....

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I'm so happy you found this site...Just like me & many others....They save lives here..I'm almost sure of it. This site helps you vent, it helps to see you're not crazy, spiritually week, an apostate, it's ok to think, that you can understand the bible without the org. (especially if you can read). It keeps you from going to a shrink and that YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

The longer I'm there the more, I know that God is not who they say he is. I too believe in God & that is SO LOVED the world that he gave his only begotten son....I so hope this is true. When & if I leave the org. I'm not leaving God/Jesus but the org.

When I first started to study I wondered why They say God is not partial yet, they say this is God's org.

I've met some nice folks in the org. But they are just a little off. The more time you spend with them the more you see, they have a mean streak. Not all but most.

I'm so happy your husband is on board with you as well. I think to have a mate in the truth and no matter what you show or tell them, they still won't listen. I think most likely they are afraid. Or their ego gets in the way.

I'm going through the motions. I do what I'm supposed to do. I'm not new to religion, what I've found out is that religion is man's interpretation, no more no less....One can read the bible and get the message....Be nice to folks & get ready for God/Jesus to come back.

I was so weepy & happy when I read your story....I would love to meet someone that knows TTATT....that's in the hall...I do know someone but they have issues.....& she is so happy to carry Jehovah's name...so she sips the kool-aide....I didn't read all the post, but there are some great folks on here. I comment now & again...Just to add my 2 cents, it makes me feel better....

I hope we see you again on this site....

Again, I'm so happy that you know TTATT, but better yet, that your husband is on the same page with you...

Beautiful.

Tor

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome elderess! What a fabulous story! My father and both husbands were elders. Both husbands woke up before I did and were afraid of what my reaction would be to TTATT as they understood it.

Fortunately, hubby #2 slowly asked thoughtful questions and pointed out the pedophiles (yes plural) in our congregation and their sordid stories. He resigned as elder. Later we stopped attending meetings and service but he still thought WTBT$ was Gods organization gone "off the rails" We would "wait on Jah to fix it"

A Google search brought me to this site 4 years ago. After several days and nights of nonstop reading including COC I realized this group was NEVER chosen or truthful.

It was my turn to ask him a question:

Me: "So what year exactly WERE they the Truth (tm)?"

Balaamsass, (looong pause) "I guess never." That was the end of Fear, Obligation and Guilt for both of us.

Bravo to you for being sensible in how you approached your hubby and his outstanding reaction. It says so much about you both! Would love to meet the two of you someday. Cheers!

• cofty
    cofty
    We’re going to go to Vegas and play poker and have fun. We’re going to get involved in charity, the real kinds of charity that really help people.

Outstanding!

Please send our best wishes to your husband.

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Wow! Your story gives me hope to lay it all out there to my spouse. I've been a real chicken because things are so good in our marriage, I don't want to mess it up. But it is tearing me apart to keep it inside...

Maybe I can share a story like yours soon.

• Giordano
    Giordano

My only prayers now will be that my children wake up so we can be united as a family free of man made indoctrination.

I agree do a slow fade for the sake of family.

However at some point in time you guys may be questioned by an Elder or two, not about stepping down, but your lack of service and meeting attendance. And of course by close family members who will notice some changes.

Being gravely stumbled by the pedophile problem that you found out about watching the ARC testimony (basically what you wrote in your first topic) Is, in my opinion, something you can use to explain stepping down and stepping away........... at least to your family.

It's a growing problem and one that is going to seriously impact the beliefs of JW's. It's not going to stay hidden and the Two witness rule as applied to children is going to be very disturbing to any one learning about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit