Update - Talk # 6 THE FLOOD OF NOAH’S DAY AND YOU

by ttdtt 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

Here's a classic piece of Watchtower science:

Similar findings have led other scientists to believe that a global flood is a distinct possibility.

This unsupported, unattributed and unconvincing assertion by the WT is the sort of 'authority' they claim for defending their literalist position......... It is truly pathetic.

Wakey wakey Watchtower, the Bible is mainly fiction!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

IMO, I honestly think Darren Aronofsky's Noah did more to debunk the alleged historicity of the Biblical Deluge story than any logical arguments or lack of evidence ever could.

While entertaining as hell (I have it on 3D Blu-ray, after all), watching it up on the screen can't help but emphasize just how utterly impossible it would be for it to have really happened (rock giants notwithstanding ).

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The evidence for a Global Flood having occurred ---- Nil.

The evidence for it not to have occurred ---- a Tsunami.

Just one more bit of evidence against, a plant called King's Lomatia. It is one of the oldest things on the planet, in that it propagates itself, no seeds, and has therefore existed for over 40,000 years.

It cannot tolerate salt water.

It is still here. (Well, in Tasmania)

Here is a quote from one of the leading experts on the plant, in reply to a question from me she wrote :

"No I don’t think King’s Lomatia could survive a year submerged in salt water. It grows on the edge of fresh water creek lines in the wild under dense canopy. The plants we grow here at the botanical gardens are difficult to propagate and very touchy in cultivation and are not at all resilient.

Regards,

Natalie

Natalie Tapson

Horticultural Botanist

Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens "

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Phizzy - God miraculously saved it! But he did kill all the sinful squirrels in North America.

dogs arm is not to short or something.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" God miraculously saved it".

This is the sort of reasoning that was used by a MS who was studying with a thirteen year old kid that I know, the smart thirteen year old then pointed out lots of other problems with the Bible Flood Story, and the MS said " well, God must have performed a good number of miracles at the time then".

The smart thirteen year old decided then and there that the JW religion was not for him, and persuaded his older brother to cease studying too ! Great kid !

Eventually Bible believers fall back on "most of it is metaphorical" , but note, the Bible is only metaphorical when the fallacies are pointed out, and when it suits them for it to be so.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Saying its a miracle always saves the day:)
    And you don't need to THINK for yourself as well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit