Grandparents rights

by Swickley 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Swickley
    Swickley

I left the cult over 25 years ago and never looked back. Sadly, my daughter has recently returned to "the freakin flock" and now my granddaughter is being indoctrinated. I am no longer allowed to even see her unless my fanatical JW daughter supervises every word -- and then its only once every 6 months for a few hours. She can no longer come to visit me because my daughter fears that I might say something against the cultist organization. So, after having a close relationship with my granddaughter for her entire life, she is being kept away from me while the dark figures hover over her and fill her full of sadistic JW ideology.

I will be going to court (pro se) to petition for grandparents' rights and I wonder if anyone else has had this experience? If so, how did it turn out? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

• gumby
    gumby

I have the same scenario with two grandchildren. My daughter fears I may indoctrinate them also, yet they just spent two weeks with the "other" grandpa who is a baptist who divorced his first wife for becoming a JW.......go figure!

I was you going to do what you are proceeding to do but thought it would do more damage. My grandkids are 8 and 11 and they would take that action as an action against their parents and Jehovah and might resent me for that.I figured forcing the situation wouldn't work but I may be wrong. Every scenario is different and your case may prove to be a blessing. Keep us informed.....and good luck.

Welcome to the board also,

Gumby

• Swickley
    Swickley

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words. I think their must be many of us out there who have experienced the same thing with their grandkids. I am definitely going to court to battle for her -- otherwise I may lose her forever. Yes, my granddaugter is also allowed to see her Aunt who is a non-JW, and her other grandparents-- all of whom are non-JWs. I am blacklisted since I'm an ex-JW. Still, I only seek the best for my granddaugther, and as a young grandmother, there is much I can offer and hopefully many more years left to spend with her. Once I go through the litigation process, I will be glad to share with any one else who is interested. The grandparent rights statute is still constitutional in our state.

All the best

Swickley

• Francois
    Francois

Grandparents visitation rights is a gnarly business. One of the main reasons for this, of course, is inteference with your rights by the National Organization of Woman. Believe me, as an ex-officio member of the Children's Rights Council of Georgia, I've seen them in action. And, after three years of watching them in action, could take it no more and resigned.

Here is a web site that should help you quite a bit in your search for justice:

http://parentsrights.com/index4.htm

Good luck. You will likely need it.

francois

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Swickley. Welcome to the Board.

You may wnat to do a search here. This issue came up a few months ago on this board, only it was a reverse situation I believe, where JW grandparents were trying to get visitation rights to their xjw daughters children. I'll see if I can dig it up for you, if Blondie or someone else dosen't beat me to it.

xjw - be one too

• xjw_b12
  • freedom96
    freedom96

Another sad example of the crap and destruction the organization causes families. My heart goes out to you, and I hope you will find a fair and balanced Judge to see throught this.

• Swickley
    Swickley

Francois, what you said is very interesting. Why would a liberated woman, seeking the best interest of her child, be opposed to a grandparent's visit? I agree with Hillary that it takes a village to raise a child. This assumes, of course, that the village is not made up of idiots (cult mentality).

What exactly did NOW find so difficult with the concept?

• Swickley
    Swickley

Thank you all very much.

• alamb
    alamb

Grandparent's rights vary state to state. If you need help contact me at: [email protected]

Keep your chin up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit