What happened collegegirl???

by DIM 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• DIM
    DIM

Its amazing what a hold this religion can have on people. An old friend who used to post here under the handle collegegirl has apparently gone back to the darkside....I'd been seeing evidence of this here and there, so as a test I sent her some very apostate emails (scans of watchtower letters, interesting posts) and today I received the reply "I chose not to read them because I don't want to be bitter".....Unbelievable. Is it really easier to be brainless than to stand up for your rights as a human being???? I am absolutely floored. Thought I'd share this w/ the board....

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Once bitten twice shy. Don't give up on her. It may be easier for her to get out again.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think northern girl is headed back too. Oh well. Freedom of choice and all that.

SS

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Dim,

I still believe Collegegirl has doubts based on comments she made to another ex-JW. Last I heard, she was having a lot of pressure from brainwashed family members.

Don't give up hope. When I met her, she had very strong doubts.

• Funchback
    Funchback

DIM-

I was just thinking about her myself. Even though her family and my family are in the same circuit, I never had a chance to meet her. I hope she isn't going back permanently. However, she needs to do whatever makes her the most happy (which she'll figure out again that it won't be with the JWs).

• DIM
    DIM

I just think watching someone in "doublethink" mode is extremely scary. How can someone who is in an immoral relationship (by WTS standards) get offended by "apostate" material? Scary and sad if you ask me....

• closer2fine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit