Jesus Knows the Day & Hour Now?

by KillerJones 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Half banana
    Half banana

Agreed Finky baby, and what is at the bottom of it all? A belief in the Doctrine of Biblical inerrancy .

Is not the problem with the whole of Christianity that it is based on imagining that the Bible can only say something truthful? When what it says has a thousand interpreters and not two of them agree on everything!

Most of the content of the Bible is plagiarised nonsense; spin, bluster, astrology, folk tales, myth, false promises and lies.

Simply put, there is no reliable message or morality from the Bible which cannot be thought up inside our own heads.

It is not sacred at all, shake it off! It's worse than useless.........it's very misleading.

It does not predict anything which is likely to happen!... to listen to prophecy is the work of idiots!

The Bible was all made up and drawn together by powerful men to bamboozle the ignorant and poor for the sake of controlling them. Therefore believing in a divine origin of the Bible is a very stupid and addictive habit, which if you want to wake up to a fulfilling life, you should discard the idea at the earliest opportunity.

For those so inclined, it makes interesting reading and is a literary mine for a myriad of quotes...but I despair of using the Bible as if it had any prophetic relevance..............................

End of rant, must take my anti-apoplexy tablets now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...Thus, it is reasonable to conclude that Jesus now knows when Armageddon will occur..."

Item number 827,396 on the Org's "WT Teachings that Must be Accepted as Truth (but Actually Conflict with Scriptures)" list. :smirk:

• Heaven
    Heaven

I still don't understand how a 2,000+ year old dead guy can have any thoughts at all. A decomposed brain and central nervous system are no longer functioning.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree fully Half banana with your post, not ONE Bible "prophecy" has ever come true in the terms set out by the writer. (Forget the mental gymnastics done by JW .Org to make it seem as though some things came true, they did not).

Why on earth, with a 100% failure record, anyone should concern themselves with a verse or two from Revelation and think a battle of Armageddon will ever happen is beyond me.

All the other "End Time" stuff in the Gospels and elsewhere was supposed to happen before the end of the 1st Century, again, epic fail. Hence the writer of 2 Peter tries to smooth over the problem of " no show", in a risible way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit