Jesus Knows the Day & Hour Now?

by KillerJones 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let's not forget the WT article from a couple of weeks ago, reminding the sheeple that the articles are "Jehovah's thoughts."

So, there is no way that the above mentioned article can be wrong.

DD

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Ok. What the hell is going on with the org? It seemed all good and proper just a few months ago but now we have articles like this one that clearly go against the bible. We also have the ridiculous bunker vids and the re-emphasis on shunning faders. The insane JWTV crap which goes without saying.

Who is writing/producing this stuff? People on this board would say, "You just can't make this stuff up!!" Wow do those words ring true.

• carla
    carla

Has anybody had a conversation with a r & f about this?

• Saename
    Saename

I thought the Governing Body doesn't deal in hypothetical questions and answers? I mean, when Geoffrey Jackson was asked in the ARC whether Jesus would point to Deut. 22:23–27 (I hope this was the right scripture) to show that there are exceptions to the two-witness rule, he denied to answer, saying that it was a hypothetical question, and that he can't know without talking to Jesus first. Now this paragraph clearly speaks about a hypothetical scenario. The problem is that the Witnesses will now say that this is the new light. Shame on you, Governing Body.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As usual, why let the bible get in the way of telling the flock what God thinks.....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was an Elder, I would mention that Jesus does know now that he's back upstairs with his dad. I can't recall what the reasoning was, but it matters not. I no longer believe in gods and Jesuses. Once you leave the WBT$, you become so critical that the possibility of there being a god is extremely remote......once bitten twice shy and that.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I thought the Governing Body doesn't deal in hypothetical questions and answers? I mean, when Geoffrey Jackson was asked in the ARC whether Jesus would point to Deut. 22:23–27 (I hope this was the right scripture) to show that there are exceptions to the two-witness rule, he denied to answer, saying that it was a hypothetical question, and that he can't know without talking to Jesus first. Now this paragraph clearly speaks about a hypothetical scenario. The problem is that the Witnesses will now say that this is the new light. Shame on you, Governing Body.

The best bit about that was GJ saying he hoped to ask JC that very question and soon...the arrogance of "I'm going to heaven" was just amazing.

• KillerJones
    KillerJones

Many thanks to all your responses. I had no idea of this when I was in. It seemed like another grand prediction from the book of revelation...and we all know where that book is now.

Keep up the fantastic work you all do here.

• Half banana
    Half banana

JC got it wrong in the first century why should he be right another time?

Mark 13, 24-31. "I tell you this: the present generation will live to see it all" NEB

(I chucked my NWT away!)

• sir82
    sir82

Ever get the impression that the GB just makes this $#!+ up as they go along?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit