questions.

by kilroy2 3 Replies latest jw friends

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

has anyone ever sat down and made a series of questions that we can print and hand out to the people we know,

so that when the dubbers come to the door they can ask the right questions to make the little buggers scurry for cover.

I have made a couple and It does work. but if we could all put our minds togeather we could make a very concise to the point question sheet that is easy for non former cult members to understand and use.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

What a good idea! Now, I'm not too much into doctrinal stuff, but here's a question: If Jesus' followers would be recognized by their love for their fellow man, what have YOU personally done to show that love? (Of course, the answer will be "teach them the Bible," so here's a secondary question: If that's all that's necessary to show love, why did Jesus perform miracles and acts of simple human kindness? Why didn't he just preach? Why did he tell the people that it would be acts of KINDNESS, like providing food and shelter, that would cause him to welcome people into his kingdom?)

Okay, everyone, add on! 1914! 1975! The UN! Malawi! Mexico! BRING IT ON!!!!!

Maybe we could make a tract and pass it out at conventions and Memorial.

Nina

• nowisee
    nowisee

i have just begun reading a book: "reasoning from the scriptures with the jehovah's witnesses" by ron rhodes. this book goes through each jw doctrine point by point and gives exactly which pointed questions to ask to prod the jw into actually thinking. this is an investment well worth the $l4.

i so wish i had had this book before last week when two little jw ladies came to my door. they went through their spiel and i was politely accepting the wt (trying frantically to decide what to do or say next). one of them noticed that i had a slight smile on my face and asked me if i was familiar with their work.... i confessed that i was exjw and did not believe they had the truth.... they pulled the wt back out of my hands and promptly left. i was so chagrined, feeling that i had failed.... i must be and will be better prepared next time....

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Ask, "Do you have the holy spirit within you?"

If they say "No," since only the "anointed" have that privilege according to our doctrine, ask: "If you don't have the holy spirit within you, why are you preaching to me?"

In the New Testament, Christians are said to have the holy spirit within them, not merely to be "guided by" the spirit. It is an indwelling that Witnesses allow only to their "anointed." But the New Testament does not make such a distinction. In fact, the Bible says that Moses had the holy spirit within him, and Moses was not a member of the 144,000. So how can we say that only this group has the holy spirit within them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit