Non first hand..

by zachias 6 Replies latest jw friends

• zachias
    zachias

There is a "Jehovahs Witnesses Discussion Forum" that ask for people to share "Non first hand experiences you feel compelled to share.".

so stories about smurfs wandering about conventions for example.

Yes "Non first hand experiences you feel compelled to share."

• JeffT
    JeffT

It sounds impressive, but "Rumor" or "Gossip" would be easier to say more accurate.

• hoser
    hoser

I actually didn’t see a smurf doll bite a little girl at the Kingdom Hall, jump out of the chair and walk out while saying swear words but I did hear about it from my mom when she caught me watching the smurf cartoons one Saturday morning so it must be true.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Sounds totally believable. :)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

My uncle was a smurf, he was always so blue.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I heard about a JW who witnessed to a man who lived in a very nice BIG house. They got into an argument and upon leaving the JW spouted, "Some day I'll be living in this big house"

Then some time later while at a WT convention, this same JW felt someone tap him on the shoulder. When he turned around to see; it was the householder from the big house who said with a big grin, "If you want that house, now you're going to have to buy, because I just got baptized! ".

Probably generated in the WT urban legend dept.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

"Non first hand" we heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that a JW Elder's wife bought clothes at a garage sale and "got demonized" when she put them on.

Don't recall exactly what "got demonized" meant, but it sounded terrifying. It did not stop my mother from shopping at garage sales and thrift stores, however. I guess she just took her chances.

By the way, where in the Bible does it ever say, or even imply, that an inanimate object could be possessed? Sure, people or even animals are examples, but clothes? How about scrolls (or books)? Anything like that? How could a Smurf doll "get demonized" if that concept is not supported in the Bible?

Just asking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit