Roy Baty my Bethel Roommate and Pioneer Partner

by new boy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Roy Baty died three days ago. I had a strange connection to Roy. I pioneered with him in Kansas and he was one of my Bethel roommates. I mention him a lot in my book "New Boy" a book that of course he would never read. He was one of those guys that needed to be right all the time and loved being an elder. We had very similar back rounds, we were both "born in" and raised in southern California to domineering Mothers and pussy wiped Fathers. Both our parents were MIA, Roy was a male chauvinist and made sure everyone knew he was "the head" of the house. He stop talking to me when I left the cult 20 years ago. He said "I had burned that bridge" I certainly hope so, because it was people like him is why I left. They talked of love "among themselves" but its not there and never was. Like many people of of my generation their children are much smarter than us so many have left the cult too, Roy's daughter Leah, was one of those children. So, of course he stopped talking to her and never even saw his own grand children. Like me, Leah never got the phone call when her Father died. No last words and no good byes....no I love you. So, I did what Roy should have done and called Leach and told her I would say the words her father needed to tell her. "I Love you, I miss you, I was stupid I was brain washed.....please forgive me!" Roy Baty just one more stupid mindless follower/victim of the cult known as the Jehovah's Witnesses. A religion that is willing to sacrifice their own children for a religion or a cruel god. He was waiting for "the end" to come. Well it did for him.

As Bill Murry said in the movie "The Razor's Edge".........."He will not be missed"

Keith Casarona

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Bad Boy

You have three choices once you become a member of the Jehovah's Witness religion:

1. You wake up and see all the lies, false doctrines and leave

2. You know the lies, false doctrines, but decide to stay due to family and friends. You become PIMO

3. You believe the Governing Body is the spokesman for Jehovah that you become so brainwashed, to the point of sacrificing relationships for this cult, and wait a whole lifetime with broken promises for ''the end'' to come... only it is your life that will end.

Roy chose # 3. I chose # 1. If Roy was happy with # 3, who are we to judge him!

• new boy
    new boy

"Bad Boy" sounds like a "Judgement" to me

First off I love love everyone and I mean everyone (except maybe you lol). So my statement about Roy being a "stupid mindless follower/victim" was not a judgment....just a statement of fact.

By the way just because someone is "happy" in their course of action or in their "choices" doesn't make their conduct beneficial for themselves or the people they effect.

It must be nice to be able to condense life down to just 3 simple choices.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It is people who are like Roy who must answered this posed question?

Would your rather be -

Right or

Happy?

Pick one.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Rules

That picture reminds of a well traveled trail locally. If you jnow you take one fork. If you are not familiar with it you take the more traveled fork which is a dead end so it has twice the traffic. There can be an analogy in our life choices.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    He was one of those guys that needed to be right all the time
    loved being an elder
    raised in southern California to domineering Mothers and pussy wiped Fathers
    Roy was a male chauvinist and made sure everyone knew he was "the head" of the house
    He was waiting for "the end" to come

Roy had many choices in his life. He sounds like someone who was sure of himself, and travelled in only one direction. That's what he chose, and that is fine with me. I chose a different path when I knew the whole Jehovah's Witness religion was a lie. It came down to my mental state. I had to choose my mental well being. Stay and suffer, or leave and suffer all the consequences that comes with leaving the Jehovah's Witness religion!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

When you come to a fork in the road, take it!

Yogi Berra

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Roy sounds like the type of brainwashed fool to leave every last cent to the WatchTower Pedo-Defense Fund.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

There was a poster here by that name years ago:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/5563/roybatty

Or was that a "tribute account"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit