Annual meeting 2021 - food right on time

by closed 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• closed
    closed

My apologies if it was covered. Mark Sanderson was stressing several times how timely the Watchtower teachings are. My thoughts on his example : The article on neutrality from November 1939.

1. German Witnesses needed it from 1933/34 when the Nazis came to power - so the article was at least 5 years late.

2. The 1939 November issue was printed in English. It usually took up to 6 months to have the magazine published in another languages (it would have been somewhere in the middle of 1941 for many ee faaar too late). Additionally, because of the war, Witnesses across the world had limited access or no access at all to the literature. If you read JW yearbooks, you can learn that it was exactly the case and it brought many problems (including elders in one Polish city executed because they wanted to claim SS headquarter for God's Kingdom - all in the yearbook:) All in all for many it was no new food at all.

3. Even if we think about the US - two months after the war broke - was it that on time, really?

I appreciate br. Sanderson's enthusiasm but the sweeping statements without valid proof are likely not the best to choose. Amen

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Never let inconvenient facts get in the way of a good story!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SPIN, SPIN, SPIN. THEY ARE THE MASTERS............

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

War was brewing for a couple years by then. It's not like wt. Was ahead of the curve.

• Gorb
    Gorb

In the 30's they were busy with the real estate in Magdeburg. Prio 1 has always been estate and money. Read Garbe about this.

G.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Spanish civil war 1936. Russian revolution. Armenia. On and on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit