Addressing life's big questions

by nelim 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nelim
    nelim
    Something else I noticed in the Awake 2016.2 magazine: very interesting that on page 6 and 7 "Life's big questions" they basically pose two:

1. SCIENCE ... cannot define sexual morality.
    2. SCIENCE ... cannot make moral decisions on the embryo’s right to life.

But actually, science can: it's called Ethics, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics. Kant introduced some interesting concepts how to think about what should be morally right, see Deontology.

More interesting though for me here is why these two? It seems to me that these two are among the most controversial of JWs versus the rest of the world, so to speak.

1. RELIGION ... wants control over intimate relationships
    2. RELIGION ... wants as many members as possible.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

VERY NICE NELIM!! the WT and G are a constant source of BS - False Arguments - and LIES!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I never understood why God was so concerned with the location of my Penis?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    1. SCIENCE ... cannot define sexual morality.

simple, "sexual morality" is not scientific or necessary. Its an idea spawned by bronze age goat herders.

the limits should have some kind of practical purpose, ie; don't have sex with kids!. don't rape people. These are crimes that have been pretty well established. People's choice of who they sleep with if anyone, doesn't need laws outside of the criminal acts of rape and child molestation.

2. SCIENCE ... cannot make moral decisions on the embryo’s right to life.

The witness common fallacy of saying well science can't do his and that is so damn stupid. What is science?

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

What does that have to do with moral decisions?? Abso-f-cking-lutely nothing. Its purpose is not to solve the worlds moral dilemmas. 'Science can't stop war" ..."can't end sickness and death" "...it can't remove the stain of sin..." oh my lord... its not suppose to!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In fact, science can be used to make moral decisions regarding abortion. The problem is that Christi-SCAM-ity has held science back, adhering to a status quo and attacking everyone that tries to advance beyond that point or prove their lies wrong. This happened in the "Earth is Flat" era--supposedly, you could fall off the earth which was shaped like an old fashioned phonograph record. It is happening again with medicine, energy, and spirituality. Space exploration is dogged--why else did they "advance" by staying in low earth orbit with that stupid shuttle? Notably, Judaism and Islam are also guilty of suppressing science.

Let this go, and it eventually will be possible to prove spirituality with science. And this is why Christi-SCAM-ity is trying so hard to dog science. If one could scientifically prove that the soul goes on the astral to be reincarnated after the baby is born, the hellfire myth would be shot and Christi-SCAM-ity and Islam would be gone (and Judaism cut off from its source of power). If one could scientifically prove that Hell is, in fact, a very positive place to go, and that what is called "heaven" is really a place for souls to be destroyed, well there goes that LIE-ble and its sister books the Torah, Talmud, and Quran, right down the toilet.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Why would scientists be making personal decisions for individuals?

And what pre tell is sexual morality (aside from adultery and rape)?

Widower Judah looking for a prostitute?

Rahab being a prostitute?

Lots daughters both boinking their father?

A duty to Boink your dead brother's wife to provide him an heir?

It seems to me as long as two consenting adults weren't married or engaged, to sex or not to sex was up to them. (Exception for dead brothers with no heir) No repercussions either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit