What was your local needs this week?

by dbq407 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• humblepotato
    humblepotato

Ours (mid-western United States) was about the headship arrangement. "Presiding Over Your Household in a Fine Manner."

Too many wimpy brothers and their headstrong wives. Also, the parents let their kids (2-6 yrs old) rule the household, screaming and crying until they get their way, yelling "NO" when told to be quiet, and are disrespectful to others.

I'll admit... I agreed with the parents/children part (especially since the kids in our congregation are living terrors, I don't know many children outside the congregation who behave that disrespectfully), but even as a brother the "headship arrangement" has always bothered me. For me and my wife, it's an equal partnership, it's 50/50. Neither one of us has greater say than the other. So I guess it bothers me when either side tries taking more "authority" or "headship." I'm all about equality.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Under the former system of things which has now passed away, local needs were scheduled in the OKM every 2/12 @ 10 minute allocations.

Under the new system of things, it appears that local needs are scheduled 1/12....

Jan MWB. - 8 mins

Feb MWB. - 10 mins

Mar MWB. - 5 mins

Apr MWB. - 7 mins

Time will tell what the significance of this change is.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Is your DPA up to date. Only had 20 out of 55 on file.

We need them filled out asap.

• Miss_Nk
    Miss_Nk
    Ours was to support the mid-week field service arrangement regularly as they often had only 1 or 2 pioneers turning up. 2nd, was to report field service hours as many are irregular and 17 are inactive in a cong of 60 publishers
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    When I heard this, I then realised that perhaps this is why they left the % increase box blank in the annual report. How can they claim the work is speeding up with all those KH builds and renovations needed if the % increase box was eiTher nil or negative

hi NicolasKop Am I right in thinking you mean the annual UK report had left the percentage increase box blank and if so is this the first time this has happened? Did it happen in other countries does anyone know? Thanks for any replies!

• stillin
    stillin
    Ours was a video related to our upcoming CO visit. The video shows how much CO's love everybody all over the world.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    On why we should be wary of ones who no longer attend meetings. "Associating with them, no matter how well liked they were will lead us astray"
  • Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Yes it was the Britain box left blank. I have no recollection of this previously being left blank in the Britain stats. Blank columns too, for several other countries this time.

• Gefangene
    Gefangene

I see a great potential and some potential new names on this Forum soon ;-)

many are irregular and 17 are inactive in a cong of 60 publishers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit