Security Guards at Bethel and Body Guards for GB?

by RetiredLE 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RetiredLE
    RetiredLE
    In the J.W. "Happy" Vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je6_855Ucac @ about 2:25 is a Bethelite with a "Security" jacket. And then here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts23NN0emNw a "brother" at the gate claims to be SIA Security. I remember somewhere reading about at least one GB member having a bodyguard. Any personal knowledge of such? What is SIA Security? Wouldn't they be disqualified for any special privileges under the 'smiter' clause? I haven't been on a Bethel tour but understand these are very limited/controlled on access.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

I think that the Happy video is the best JW vid ever.

Now, if only, that were reality.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I have a family member at a non-US bethel in an undeveloped country. He has occasional security duty, but they do not have weapons of course. The buildings have limited access, it would be most unwise not to have security at all times.

• average joe
    average joe

Most places have security these days it just makes sense.

• menrov
    menrov
    If true, where is trust in Jehovah? Did Jesus use guards? He could ask for it He said but did not.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

well if they stop attracting attention to themselves there wouldn't be an issue at all.

If they didn't 'store up treasures on earth'

there would be no reason to have to hire so many different advisers.

• fulano
    fulano

Please stop his BS about body guards, that's why apostates will be considerated as a bunch of lunatics.

Of course there is security, but No shotguns. In southamerica we used Rotweilers only.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its true that Rutherford walked around at mostly assemblies with body guards carrying canes.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Did Jesus use guards? He could ask for it He said but did not.

He just could have zapped any attackers, evaporating them into dust

Geezz don't you people read the bible ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit