Kids to refugee camps?

by JWdaughter 4 Replies latest social family

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I was at a garage sale the other day and decided from the books that they were in a ministry. So, in talking to the husband, turns out that sold their house and are headed to Greece with 4 kids to be missionaries to the refugees. 4 kids. They had a 6 month old! They plan to do that for a few months and then settle in Turkey. They are going to have some amazing experiences. I worry about them in the refugee camps, though. The Syrians only take they kids there out of desperation. I'd never bring kids there as a learning experience! Turkey will be amazing, refugee camps are a bit dramatic with 4 kids under 7 years old. This was not a pastors family, this guy never was a minister before. His wife was an employee at a church part time. I admire their intentions, but think they are nuts.
  • fulano
    fulano

Front what church are they? Do they sprak the language from the Syrian, Irakees , somalians, Pakistani?   What a Ridiculous plan.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I admire their intentions, but think they are nuts - I agree with the second half of this sentence.

These people that they're going to visit need food, clean water, proper shelter, and a decent Western education.

What they don't need is a bible study.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    The man was clearly a christian. He's a dentist and I am sure that he plans to be a good witness-but I got the sense that he really wanted to help-which is more than many are willing to do. Once he gets to Turkey, I am not sure how the mission work is supposed to go, or to whom. Folks there are pretty open to westerners and prefer a western doctor in many cases, so maybe its a career move, too. I don't know! If he really wanted to be a good witness and make money, he could get a sweet package arranged in Saudi :)
  • fulano
    fulano
    You speak in tongues for being a JWdaughter...what religion are they?? Not jw's because a missionary is sent, has nothing to choose and has No kids. Explain please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit