Sacto area abuse cases, reporter need contacts

by Jankyn 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I recently talked to a reporter for the Sacramento News & Review. Those of you in this area probably know about this alternative newsweekly, which does in-depth stories, sometimes on topics that the daily won't touch. I spoke with her about the recent sexual abuse lawsuits filed--as far as I know, there have been victims in Woodland and in Red Bluff, but none from Sacto. And also no coverage in the Bee yet, not even the AP story, which is a good thing from the point of view of the SN&R reporter, because it lets her "work fresh territory," so to speak.

Anyway, she's going to be contacting the lawyers and Silentlambs, but I also told her about this board. She asked if I'd see if there are any members on here in the Sacramento area that would be willing to talk to her about their experiences re sexual abuse among JWs. She gave permission for me to post her professional contact information, so here it is: [email protected], (916) 498-1234 ext 1361. You can see some of the other stories she's done at www.newsreview.com/issues/sacto/authors/chrisannebeckner.asp

I hope there are some folks here who'll be able to help.

Jankyn

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

Jankyn you've got a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit