Trick or Treat, tells you where my head is at

by carla 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

I always have a nice bowl of candy ready for trick or treat, we don't get many so you usually have a short conversation with the parents. So a mom & 3 kids come and the two boys were dressed in suit and ties! I am laughing because my first thought was they were dressed as jw's! Instead of asking if they were dressed up as cult members I ask, "g-men?" Mom says she wasn't sure, maybe men in black. I giggled all the way back to the living room handing my jw some more Halloween candy.

This damn cult invades my thoughts far too often.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Maybe they were dressed in JW customs.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Carla, here in U.S. Halloween is celebrated tomorrow, Monday, on the 31st, where country are you in where Halloween was celebrated today?

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

ShirleyW Across the international date line, it's already Halloween, and has been for several hours.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

that's true

• carla
    carla

Trick or treat is usually on the weekend closest to the actual date. Most people (and bars) had their parties this past weekend. Our town also does a big Halloween parade and the kids can take part if they want and afterwards they trick or treat at the local business establishments and surrounding neighborhoods or go to their own subdivision, etc.. I'm in the mid-west.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit