Court denies summary judgement for Laurel Jehovah's Witnesses congregation

by OrphanCrow 161 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    they didn't dismiss the case

Hmmm, isn't that what not granting the Summary Judgement is all about?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    So the Court is wrong because they say the WTBTS has the right to use the Clergy/Penitent privilege,

That is what you are saying. DD "You are not reading."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just read the linked articles again.

1) The WTBTS is now coining the term "Elders and congregants." That is a bull-shit term that effectively means "Clergy and Laity." They are trying to hide behind the Clergy/Penitent privilege, while hypocritically denying the existence of such a hierarchical structure.

2) Fisherman is still wrong.

3) The Court is not throwing out the case ( much to the WTBT's chagrin..) but allowing it to run its course. Hopefully, the WTBTS Lawyers are hating life right now.

DD

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    DD. All I did was to explain what the Court decided. How am I wrong?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1) If you are claiming that the WTBTS has the right to use the Clergy/Penitent privilege, then you are wrong. They cannot have that privilege when they have no Clergy/Laity distiction. They can, however, attempt to hide behind such a provision in order to avoid the penalty ( fines, bad PR ) for failing ( AGAIN..) to report allegations or actual proof of child sexual abuse.

2) The Judge did not dismiss the States lawsuit in order to determine whether or not the WTBTS has the above mentioned right, and a legal precedent could be set one way or the other. The Judge has not said the WTBTS has the right to Clergy/Penitent privilege. Otherwise, there would be no need for a case.

3) As previously mentioned, DFing a 14 year old for being a sexual abuse victim ( which he most definitely was ) speaks to the character of the WTBTS.

DD

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever, I don't resent you. You are just wrong.

No matter what problems "false religions" have, the WTBTS has no "large measure of truth" when compare to other Xian sects.

DD

Data, like you, I am entitled to my opinion, observations and summery.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    DD, to quote Marvin S: "You are not reading."
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Makemeanunbeliever, of course you are.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Fisherman, you are correct. Everyone on this thread, except you, is wrong. The WTBTS writing committee and the GB are wrong as well. JWs really do have a Clergy and Laity class!

Where does that Judge get off??? The case should have been thrown out! That Ol' Debil must be a-plannin sum kina scheme or sumpthin'!! Dad-blast it all!!!

DD

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    fisherman That is a blanket statement, and you do not speak for the world -Talesin

It is axiomatic that context of this discussion is the posted Court "OPINION" not the whole world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit